New Life

Back to the present now.

Haylen woke up when he started to feel painful cramps in his stomach. He rubbed his pregnant belly gently trying to sooth it. He winced in pain as another shock of pain hit him. He cried as pain completely took him over. He cried out in agony as one contraction lasted a little longer than the others.

"Jonathan"he whispered, he squeezed his eyes shut as his stomach contracted. Jonathan slowly turned around in the bed to see  Haylen's face scrunched up in pain and tears running down his face.
"Baby what's wrong?" He asked urgently.

"I think I'm going into labor" Jonathan was fully awake now.

"Are you sure?"

"No Jonathan I'm not sure I'm just going through pain in the ninth month of my pregnancy for absolutely no reason" Haylen said sarcastically.

"Ok we'll go to Dr. Frank's "Jonathan said mostly to himself.

He got out of bed and helped Haylen out. They slowly walked down the hallway holding hands, they would stop every time Haylen had a contraction.

A million thoughts were running through both their minds "I'm I going to be a good father?"

"I'm I strong enough to give birth to a baby" they didn't voice their worries to each other, they didn't want to add unnecessary stress.

They opened the door to the doctors office and knocked on Dr. Frank's door.

"Who is it?" a sleepy voice yelled.

"Its Jonathan, Haylen's in labor" they heard the door quickly unlatching.

"Haylen I want you to put this on" Dr. Frank said as he handed Haylen a hospital gown. Dr. Frank's has been the families personal doctor for years, there was no one Jonathan trusted more to deliver his first born child.

"Jonathan I need you to leave" he told the anxious man, Jonathan's head shot up.

"No" he said immediately" I want to see my son being born"

"I'm sorry son but I have to deliver this baby myself"

Jonathan looked at Haylen and saw how much pain he was going through.
"okay"he gave in.

He walked over to Haylen and held his face in his hands "I'm so scared" Haylen whispered.

"You'll do great, I love you so much" he leaned down and captured Haylens lips in a passionate kiss.

"I'll see you soon okay" he whispered to Haylen, Haylen nodded as he gave him a small peck on his lips.

He walked out Dr. Frank's office down the hall to wake his parents up.

"Mom, dad haylen gone into labor he said as they woke up .The queen was the first to realize what he said as she sprung up the king size bed.

"We'll be right there son" she said

The knights, close friends and his parents were all in the waiting room a few minutes later. They heard Haylen screaming in agony as Dr. Frank told him to push.

Finally after half a hour there was a piercing baby cry. Jonathan's eyes filled with tears.

He was a father.

Dr. Frank's came out a few minutes later.
"Does the father want to meet his new baby boy?"

Jonathan nodded his head unable to form words.

He walked into the room to see an exhausted but happy looking Haylen holding a small blue bundle .

"Isn't he perfect?"Haylen whispered .He was the most beautiful baby Jonathan had every seen in his life.

"What's his name?" Dr. Frank's asked

"Niall Nathaniel Richardson" Jonathan whispered ad he rubbed his finger down his face.

"Look what we made Jonathan" Haylen said in wonder.

"I'm so proud of you"Jonathan said.

Haylen looked sleepy so he took the baby" noooo, I don't want to be separated" Hayden whined.

"I'll just put him in the crib" Jonathan said as he pointed to the crib in the middle of the room.

When he didn't hear an answer he turned around to see Hayden already asleep, he chuckled. He set Niall down in the crib and watched him sleep in his blue pyjamas.

"I'm a father" he thought.He looked over at Haylen sleeping and at Niall.

I'm the luckiest man in the world.

THE ADORABLE BABY IS NIALL.