The Ball -part 1

Still a flashback chapter

The queen and king hosted a theme ball every year. This year's theme was masquerade. Everyone was invited even the servants. It took a lot of planning and organization, not to mention the money.

Haylen was in charge of the food; the most important thing. He was under so much pressure but he set his mind to it, and what ever Haylen set his mind to it was always done a 110 percent.

After what happened 3 weeks ago he was happy to be doing this job since the cooking would take a long time and then organizing it on the tables he was release of his duty to Jonathan until the ball was over and 3 days after that for his hard work.

He had to make over 10 different types of desserts, 5 different soups and salads, over 25 appetizers, seafood, meat and vegetarian dishes. What made it worst was that he had no one to help him, and everything had to be done in 5 days. He had to make large quantities of everything, which was a thousand since there were 300 guests, and every person could get at least 3 servings of everything. He took out everything he needed and began cooking the feast.

Four and a half days later

Haylen ran into the ball room, all the cooking was done all he needed to do now was set up the buffet in alphabetical order. He pushed 3 long tables together and layed out all the meat dishes. He pushed 2 tables together and layed out vegetarian dishes. He put the seafood dishes on one table and the desserts on the other, then he layed out the soups and salads on the other and the appetizers on the biggest tables. All that took over 4 hours. Now he had to write the ingredients of everything on a little board on the food; not every little thing but the important ones like peanuts because some of the guests were allergic to certain things. That took about 1 hours. He pushed the tables with the food where it had to go in the room.The dishes had to be in a specific order, you couldn't put the dessert and the meat dishes together.

He sighed as he was done. He looked at the big grandfather clock in the room 11:23 he decided to go to bed.