Life

"Momma look" Niall said as he held up a puppy, it was a beautiful golden color.

"Oh my gosh where did you get that?!" Haylen exclaimed

"I find doggy in grass" Niall said proudly, Haylen looked at the puppy, it was skinny and its eyes were sunken in it making it look very sickling.

"Doggy sick Momma"

"I know baby" suddenly Niall's face lit up.

"We can make it better Momma"

"Niall baby I don't think daddy would want you to be playing with a sick puppy"Niall pouted.

"But mommaaa"he whined

"No" Haylen said sternly,Niall's bottom lip quivered as he started to cry.

"What's wrong buddy" Jonathan asked as he scooped a crying Niall in his arms.

"Momma being mean" he said as he pointed to Haylen.

"What did Momma do?" Jonathan asked.

"Momma don't let me keep doggy" Jonathan just realized there was a puppy sleeping on the bench beside Haylen.

"Why can't Niall keep the puppy?" he asked Haylen

"I thought you wouldn't want it" Haylen said "it is quite cute" he added as an afterthought.

"Ok buddy listen closely to me okay" he told Niall, Niall nodded his head.

"Mommy and I will only allow you to keep the puppy if you take good care of it, okay?"Niall nodded his head eagerly "alright daddy I promise"

"Okay go play" he told Niall, Niall ran over to the slides.

"How was your day?"Jonathan asked.

"Well we went to the circus, visited you of course, then I took him a shower, he took a nap and now we're here, what did you do"Haylen asked Jonathan.

"I had to put up with Samuel all day while meeting the senator, I ate lunch, took a nap then I decided to visit my son and my husband"

"They must be very lucky" Haylen teased.

"They are" Jonathan smiled over at Haylen.
"What?" Haylen asked as he noticed Jonathan was starring at him "nothing".

15 minutes later they were walking home, Niall in the middle with the puppy in his hand while Haylen and Jonathan were behind him holding hands talking and laughing.

They were happy and that's all they wanted in life.

I know I skipped some events in the story. It either wasn't that important or I'm going to use it as a flashback.  Leave a comment :)

PIC IS OF TODDLER NIALL.