Chapter 35 ; Revenge Rules Over All

-

You both stare at Minerva, and she turns back to you, she doesn't have to be a genius to see the judging looks on your faces.

"Don't you- don't dare fucking look at me like that," she hisses out. "This is the only way we can survive."

"Who are you?!" Violet yells at her, making her turn around. "Fuck survival, look at what you're doing!"

When her back is turned you don't think when you pick up the knife again. You hand it to Clementine and she doesn't hesitate to kneel down and start chipping away at old bolts holding the metal sheet.

You decide to listen to Violet as she talks to Minnie. "Minnie, please, I just want to talk to you for a second. I'm sorry we never looked for you… for Sophie. And I'm sorry you trusted that fucker, Marlon. If I ever thought there was a chance-"

"I know," Minnie says. "I know… okay?"

Your eyes widen when you realize Clementine got the cell unlocked. You smirk as she passes you the knife.

"But… Sophie is dead. I have a new family." Minnie turns around just as Clementine rises up."I need you all to understand. This is the only way. Lay down, stay in line, or you die," she glares at you.

"The people you love, die," she trembles out, her eyes drifting over to Clementine.

"You gave up, Minerva. And I promise you, we never will." You rush and ram into the door, sending her flying back.

Clementine goes to open the door for Violet and you turn to Minnie as she jumps at you.

She swings her knife at you and you catch her wrist easily. "You're the fucking problem, here, wanderer," she grits out, kicking your knee, making you fall to the ground.

She falls on top of you and you feel the tip of her knife stab inside of you, making you groan. You can feel your headache coming back as she slams you against the ground but you're able to push the knife out of you.

You both struggle until an arrow slams into her shoulder, she falls to the side with a cry of pain and you see Clementine standing with the bow in hand and Violet by her side. Her blood splatters onto your face as she drops to the side and you cringe slightly. Violet rushes over to Minnie and Clementine rushes over to you, helping you up.

You pick up Minnie's knife while Clementine opens the door of the cell that holds Aasim and Omar.

"Come on, we have to go," you grumble when you see Violet still holding Minnie on the ground.

"I… I can't leave her. Go- I'll catch up," she says.

You step forward angrily, clenching your fists until you feel Clementine tug on the back of your hoodie, stopping you from saying something you'd regret.

"Guys, come on! We have to get the hell out of here!" Aasim shouts, helping Louis out of his cell.

You suddenly remember that AJ isn't with you and your heart fills with pure dread. "Go, we need to find AJ."

"Better see you on land," Aasim says.

"You will, promise," you mutter and rush off with Clementine.

-

You both climb up a ladder and see AJ being dragged away. You're both at the top of the ship now, the air is a little warmer and definitely foggier, wind brushes past and you swear you can still feel your head throbbing.

"You okay?" Clementine asks worriedly, glancing at you.

You squeeze her hand in yours reassuringly, managing a half smile, "I'm fine, I promise."