Chapter 23 ; A Kiss And Two Truths

-

"Hey, buddy, how's it hanging?" Louis asks.

"Dude, fuck off," Aasim grumbles, not looking up at any of you. All of you sit down despite his protests when Louis does. You pick up the fallen chair next to Clementine's and sit between her and Violet, praying you didn't get any splinters from it.

"Sulking in the corner isn't gonna help us fight off the raiders. Or turn that frown upside down."

"You get more annoying every day," Aasim responds, eyebrows pinching together.

"Regardless, I've come up with a plan to make everybody feel better," he says. Aasim looks at him curiously for a moment before looking away again. "And that plan is a game."

You suddenly notice the deck of cards in his hands and you chuckle. The sunset is more noticeable because you immediately notice how the glow of the fire seems to contrast in comparison to the sky above you all. It glows on everyone sitting around you, its orange tint illuminating their faces.

"Uh, we haven't played a game for weeks, since that night with Marlon," Violet sighs out, looking around at you all.

"I mean, if you wanna go ask Ruby to come play, I don't mind waiting," Louis teases Aasim.

"Shut up, dude! I swear to God," he grumbles, making you hold back your laughter.

"You've got a crush on Ruby?" Violet asks across from him.

Aasim looks away, his eyebrows furrowing slightly. He doesn't have a chance to respond (not that you think he really would anyway) because AJ and Tenn walk over to you all.

"What're we playing?" AJ asks.

"Truth or Dare!" Louis says, shuffling the cards a little with a grin.

"You don't use cards in Truth or Dare," you say curiously, making him look at you.

"You do in this version," he grins. AJ sits on the ground between you and Clementine and Tenn sits next to Violet on the couch. "Everyone draws. Highest card gets to ask. Lowest card has to answer."

He passes the cards to Clementine and she takes one at random, passing it to you. You do the same and pass it to AJ. You all look at your cards and you sigh when you realize yours is lower than the rest of theirs.

Violet takes your sigh as an invitation and grins at you. "This should be good. Let's see. Truth. Marry. Fuck. Kill."

"Vi," Tenn warns, making her huff.

"Fine. Marry, Flip, Kill. Me, Ruby, Clem."

"Oh my god," you groan, shaking your head.

"Uh uh, gotta answer. Them's the rules," Louis says, a teasing grin on his face.

"Well, I'd marry... Clem," you mutter nonchalantly, heat crawling up your body.

"Understandable," Violet says.

You glance at Clementine for her reaction but she doesn't meet your eyes, though you notice a slightly red on her cheeks. You brush it off, thinking it was your mind playing tricks on you and you pause in thought.

"I would, um, flip..."

"Flip, flip, flip, flip," AJ and Louis chant, making you snort.

"Violet."

Louis bursts out laughing, making you all look at him. "Wha- sorry! I was just imagining her glare while Y/n propositions her. You're basically like a sister to her."

"Wait really?" you ask, honestly a little in shock.

"She can tell you herself, but between you and me, you'd be the better sibling," he fake whispers, laughing when Violet sticks up her middle finger.