Chapter 7 ; Apologies

-

After Louis's... terrible singing of Oh My Darling Clementine.. Marlon comes into the room and asks you and Clementine to help him with some zombies outside.

You agree and glance at Clementine. She seems a little uncertain, and you couldn't really blame her.

You somehow catch her gaze and an encouraging smile drifts onto your face. If it helped you let off some steam maybe it'd help her too.

A ghost of a smile plays on her lips until she turns back to Marlon with a hard nod, letting him know she'll help out.

"That settles it then, you too Louis. Get your ass in gear."

Louis steps up, briefly shrugging at the three of you before lazily walking after Marlon.

-

"Rosie! Where the fuck is she?" You hear Marlon ask himself as you all catch up to him. The sun is setting and the golden hues are quickly fading you can tell, the slight chill up your neck lets you know it's getting late. Violet stands at the gate, peering outside.

He then looks to Louis swiftly. "You give her back her weapon yet?"

At this Clementine shows her knife, her grip tight around the handle. It doesn't look as sharp as the ones you have holstered on your waist but it looks good enough. You make a note to help her with that later.

"Good, we're gonna need you to put it to use pretty soon," Marlon says, crossing his arms in thought.

Marlon looks up, catching you staring at him from behind Clementine. You show him the knife in your hand too, letting him know you've got a weapon as well. He wordlessly nods and looks to the gate.

"We've got people out here trying to get back inside. They need our help to clear the way," He pauses in thought. "Seems to be more these past few days."

Violet takes her hands off the bars of the gate, glancing back at all of you. "It's almost like something drew their attention. Something like- oh, I don't know... an explosion.. or a car crash."

You raise an eyebrow at her words. Is she insinuating what you think she is? You cross your arms over your chest and stand a little taller behind Clementine.

Though you weren't hard to miss as your tall figure towered over her. "You act like they wanted that to happen. You-"

"We're sorry if it caused you guys any more problems," Clementine interrupts you.

Violet glances at you before turning her gaze at Clementine. Her gaze turns soft at you two for a moment before she looks away at the gate. You glance down at her to see Clementine glaring what feels like daggers at you.

"Hello Clementine, I'm Violet, welcome," Louis intimates what a usual introduction would've been.

"What he said," Violet responds curtly.

"Alright boys and girls, they're starting to fill in," Willy says from the top of the gate where you remember him keeping watch from.

"Come on," Violet says over the loud creak of the gate. "Be careful out there," Marlon says to all of you as he grabs a bow from his back.

And with that, they're off.

"Don't take Vi personally," Louis speaks up after some silence. "She grows on you."

You snort. "That's what she said."

Louis tries his best to hold back a laugh as he walks out the gates. You glance at Clementine who's slightly glaring at you.