My Tearsoaked Heart *{25}*

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

               ~~ Chapter 25 ~~

My eyes were glued to the cursive words, a warm blush covering my cheeks at the double meaning of those words. My Rose…

In my mind I kept denying that he liked me though the word ‘rose’ was capitalized. It was meant to be my name.

I was gleaming with happiness inside, staring straight at the rose as I heard someone clear their throat from my balcony.

My head shot up quickly though I slowly tilted it back down from embarrassment when I noticed who it was.

He was leaning against the doorframe, the setting of the sun created an orange aura to form around his body as a small smile took place on his lips.

Biting my lip I looked away. “Thankyou,” I muttered softly.

He smiled brightly and it was breathtaking, better than those smirks he usually used.

“You’re welcome,”

I ran the tip of my fingers over the glass, marvelling at the coolness of it. “Why did you do this?”

He chuckled humourlessly. “I was hoping you would forgive me…,” he admitted sheepishly, scratching the nape of his neck before running them through his brown hair lazily.

I trailed my eyes over the rose again, letting them drag over the plaque before sighing and looking up at his hopeful yet hopeless face.

I placed the rose on my bedside table carefully before walking over to him slowly, my eyes not looking at him as I took a step right to stand in front of him.

I lifted my head up to look into his eyes, those bluish grey pools that held genuine guilt looked back into my own, begging for forgiveness. I closed my eyes momentarily before wrapping my arms around his waist, settling my head on his chest as I hugged him. He seemed stunned by my actions before enlacing his arms around me, encasing my body to his and it was the biggest sense of home I had felt in a long time. I had missed him, he made a warmth spur within me. Just like home.

“I’m sorry Rose. I really am and,” he gently released himself from the embrace and bent himself to my level before holding my shoulders lightly. “I promise that I’ll always be here for you, okay?”

I nodded slightly, bowing my head as tears welled up in my eyes. They weren’t one of sadness for once. They were ones of comfort. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him down towards me as I clutched onto him tightly, that calming minty scent surrounding me. A few tears left me eyes as I released a breath of relief.

He appeared surprised of my forceful action before quickly putting his own arms around me again and I was at ease at that very second. It felt nice to be free for a few mere moments.

I felt my lips twitch upward ever so slightly and I stood there shocked. I tried to do it again though they returned to their stone position. I frowned and Matthew seemed to notice my now rigid body.

He pulled my arms from around his neck, holding my wrists as he stood in front of me again, lifting his hand and wiping the few stray tears. I blushed as he held my wrist gently like they would break if he held them any tighter, before I slithered them from his grasp.

“You okay?”

I nodded my head again, anger rising up in me for smiling even the slightest. It felt like I was betraying my family. If they couldn’t be happy then why should I be able to be?