My Tearsoaked Heart *{28}*

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                         ~ Chapter 28 ~

“Why did you suddenly want to go to you know…,” I asked Matthew as we walked down the hall from our rooms, we had already gotten ready.

“It’s the first of December. That’s two months isn’t it?” he shrugged and I froze, my steps coming to a halt and after a few of his own he stopped, turning to look at me with a worried expression.

“Rose?”

I shook my head in disbelief. “It’s the first?” I choked out, glaring at the floor.

How could I have possibly forgotten?! I was disgusted with myself. It’s been two months and I can’t even remember the day they had died.

Cussing under my breath I turned around, starting to head back to my room so I can scream into my pillow again when his firm yet gentle hand took hold of my waist, throwing my over his shoulder.

A loud gasp escaped my lips and my cheeks reddened, my fists automatically going to his back to pound against the hard muscles located there.

“Matthew! Let me go!” I ordered him breathlessly though he just continued to descend the grand stairs, heading for the kitchen where the smell of eggs and bacon hit me.

“No, you’re going today whether you go freely or I have to drag you,” he told me firmly and I sighed, feeling down.

“What kind of stupid person forgets their family’s own death?” I muttered to myself so quietly, putting my head down and Matthew stopped walking, standing there for a moment before slowly placing me on my feet.

He placed his hands on my shoulders lightly, making me look into those beautiful greyish blue eyes.

“Don’t beat yourself up for it Rose. You’re still going today whether someone told you or you remembered yourself and isn’t that what matters?”

I sighed. “But you reminded me, what if I forget the next one, or the one after?” I mumbled to myself. I felt like a little child in sad mode.

He smiled, trying to change the atmosphere. “You’re lucky I’m going to be here to tell you then aren’t you?”

Looking up my eyes glanced over the strikingly beautiful features of his face before  I nodded, my mood lifting slightly. He really was sweet when he wanted to be.

Walking into the kitchen that I was most familiar with we found Jeremy holding a frying pan in one hand and a spatula with the other while singing, ‘forget you’ by Cee-Lo Green.

Our entrance ceased his out of tune singing and he turned his head to smile at me, smirking at Matthew.

“Good morning lovebirds!” he said cheerily, turning the stove off and piling the delicious smelling eggs and bacon onto a white platter.

“Jeremy!” I hissed, glaring at him and he chuckled at my embarrassment.

I’m glad I amuse you, I thought wryly, taking a seat on one of the few counter seats and collecting a plate from the table.

Ignoring me he continued. “So how did you two sleep?”

Matthew took a seat on the other side of the island while Jeremy sat next to me.

I didn’t answer though I was surprised by Matthew’s answer. “Pretty good,”

Not making eye contact with him I served my self small portions of both the egg and bacon before reaching for the bread, opening the bad and taking a slice from its contents.