My Tearsoaked Heart *{38}*

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                              ~ Chapter 38 ~

All I seemed to be doing all day was frown. The reason? Today was the Winter Dance. In less then two hours I would be back at school and attending my first dance.

Honestly I was depressed. I had always wanted to go to a school dance but I never had anyone to go with. I always forced Jeremy to go with a girl when he continuously offered to take me.

But tonight I would be going alone, Ashton and Lisa picking me up to my distaste. I felt like the third wheel but I had no choice, Lisa could be pretty demanding if she wanted to.

Sighing I ran my fingers through my wet hair, smelling like my usual shampoo – floral honey-.

Stepping over to my piano I tsked at myself. I hadn’t played Lucy in a while, haven’t played Kelly’s lullaby in a while.

Frowning for the hundredth time today I flexed my fingers before playing her lullaby.

My hands were naturally graceful from the many years of lessons and I didn’t need to look at the keys since this song was practically imprinted into my memory.

After finishing I placed my hands in my lap, just sitting in the silence of my room as my eyes travelled the lengths of Lucy. Catching sight of a small piece of folded paper I plucked it off the piano’s surface, pulling it open.

I bit my tongue.

                                                                    Be Happy.

Could I really be happy? And how could I be?

My mind automatically went to a certain face but I shook my head. I was hoping that Matthew would ask me to the dance…but of course he didn’t. I couldn’t help but be disappointed. I mean, I know I’m not the most perfect girl but he was just staying home…

He knows I don’t have a date so couldn’t he just have taken me? Just as friends even.

“Arse, jerk, stupid, ugly, annoying, ARGH!” my face turned into a sharp scowl.

“I hope you aren’t calling me an annoying, stupid, ugly arse.” I heard a deep voice from my bedroom door and my eyes snapped up to meet his.

Opening my mouth quickly I gaped, trying to form some sort of response.

“I…umm…yea---I mean…no?”

He chuckled, walking over and taking a seat next to me at the piano while I mumbled to myself.

“Now Rose, why are we angry at Matthew today?” I looked up to find him grinning cheekily, making me roll my eyes.

“I’m not angry at you,” I told him, carelessly putting emphasis on ‘at’.

“Hmm.” He didn’t say anything, just scanning his eyes across the piano, smiling.

Cocking my head to the side I asked, “Why are you smiling…?” Suspicion grew within me as his grin grew.

He turned to faced me. “Nothing. Just…I dunno,” he smiled again and I shook my head at him.

“You’re so stupid.”

“Don’t forget I’m a jerk, arse, oh and ugly.”

I blushed. “I d-didn’t mea---.”

“I’m joking with you Rose,” he laughed lightly and I didn’t reply.