My Tearsoaked Heart *{22}*

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          ~~ Chapter 22 ~~

I groaned, clutching the sides of my face as I rubbed my temples, eyes closed.

For the last thirty-five minutes the bus has been filled with camp tunes which the whole bus enthusiastically decided to sing along to, giving me the migraine of the century and making me want to bash my head against a wall.

Lisa began to laugh at my depressed mood, and also chose to sing even louder, earning her an unsatisfying glare from me. Unfortunately she was unmoved by my heady stare and I shrunk in my seat, wanting to disappear or sulk in a dark quiet corner.

I loved music with all my heart though one thing I could not stand was nursery rhymes and kiddy little tunes. They made my brain want to stab someone in the arm. Drove me completely insane.

To my utter frustration I had put my iTouch in one of my bags, earning myself a slap on the forehead, now deserving the torture.

I let out an annoyed breath, opening my eyes and seeing headphones dangling in front of me. Confused I followed it to find Ashton’s hand holding them, a blue iPod nano sitting in his other hand which was attached to the white headphones.

I was now kneeling on my seat and leaning on the head of the chair so I faced him, my outstretched hand waving frantically in hopes of trying to grab it off of him. He was purposely holding it out of my reach and if I could reach his neck I would strangle him.

“Ashton!”

He snickered, shaking his head and I seriously couldn’t stand any more of this metal agony around me.

“Ashton please!” I begged, “I can not take any more of this MUSIC!” I shouted to him and he smirked lightly before moving his hand with the most beautiful piece of technology in it towards me.

My hand shot out immediately, hastily putting the headphones into my ears and pressing play to whatever song was on.

The sudden music drowned most of the racket which was easily fixed by increasing the volume until it was just the song playing which I noticed was ‘Perfect’ by Simple Plan.

I sighed in content, shrinking in my seat and pulling my beanie further down my forehead until it was just above my eyes.

I closed my eyes, planning on catching up on some of the much needed rest I had missed out on during the last couple of nights and let the music lull me to a light sleep.

The air was wet and cold, the ground beneath my shoes was slightly damp from recent rain. I shivered as I let my eyes trail my surroundings, eyeing the dirt trail that we had to walk to get to our cabins with our hiking backpacks we were meant to bring with the essentials we needed to walk the long walk up to the cabins.

The best thing about camping was the fresh air, it was so…clean. So pure that I felt like I had to store as much as I could into my lungs so I could try and savour it.

I loved New York, there’s no doubt there, though one thing I hated was the pollution. I always wanted to live on a farm, where the air was always fresh and there wasn’t any noise to distract you. Everything around you peaceful and refreshing. It seemed like a nice relaxing life.

I let out a breath as I shifted the straps of my backpack, still taking in the scenery as everyone stretched from the four hour long drive. I gazed back at the trail and shuddered slightly at the condition of it. It was just dirt, rocks and soil put together by nature to create a hiking path.