My Tearsoaked Heart *{48}*

RECAP:

“And so he appears. We were just talking about you Matthew. Glad you could join us during such a memorable story!” he spoke and I pushed the gun further into his scalp.

“You killed my parents,” I muttered, my voice low and deathly which even if he was affected by he did a good job of not showing it.

“Mmm, I’m sorry for that ma boy, you lot were just there at the wrong time.”

“Give me ONE good reason I shouldn’t just kill you right now.”

He chuckled and that just fueled my anger that much more.
“Well, there are let’s see…one, two, three no four good reasons as four guns are pointed at you right now. I’d suggest you lower the gun Matthew.”

It was my turn to laugh. “I don’t mind death as long as I kill you first.”

“Boss?” Daniel questioned worriedly as if waiting permission to shoot me.

The man only raised a hand. “I need him alive. Now Mathew…,” he started, spinning around so that my gun was directly against his forehead. He was not too old, in his forties most likely, brown hair that was neatly combed and dark brown eyes that appeared almost black. He looked like a completely different person from that night, like he had never even heard of the word prison.

“If you kill me now I’m pretty sure one of my men is going to send a bullet through pretty little Rose’s head.”

My eyes widened at his words and I spared her a single glance, eyeing up her battered body and slumped posture. I could only catch a glimpse of the tears and regret in her eyes before she dropped her head, making me tighten my hand around the gun handle.

“Make your choice, boy.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                           ~ { Chapter 48 } ~

My hand clutched the cold metal so tightly I began to feel it dig harshly into my skin.

One press. That’s all it would take to finish off this disgusting piece of filth. He would never be able to hurt anyone again. No one would die from his treacherous hands.

No one… I muttered in my head as I glanced over to Rose whose eyes drifted open and close, her body a sickening white and fresh tears leaving her eyes.

Even all this wasn’t enough to steer me away from murdering the man who killed not only mine but Rose’s family as well.

However, knowing one moment is all it would take, staring into her hazel hooded eyes glossed over with pain-filled tears loosened my hold on the gun.

“R-Run…Matthew…,” she muttered, her head dropping and I clenched my teeth, my head throbbing from the confused thoughts. I didn’t even know her yet…one look at her had every revengeful thought I dreamed of for the past six years drifting away.

Letting out a low growl I threw the gun to the floor, a heavy glare touching my eyes as I stared at the murderer who only smirked at my agony.

“Tie him up, he’s tamed. Nick will be here shortly, I’m sure Matthew here ordered him and the police to come within the next thirty minutes,” he announced, his knowing eyes meeting mine but I just glared, hiding my surprise.

“But in the case I’m wrong and you followed my direct orders of coming alone, I’ll reward you by keeping sweet Rose here alive,” he ran the back of his hand down the side of her face and I immediately snapped forward, slapping his hand roughly away from her skin.