My Tearsoaked Heart *{2}* (Picture of Rose)

They finally got bold and italic writing on Wattpad! Yay!
Lol yes I know im easily excited. 
Anyways here's chapter 2! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 ~~ Chapter 2 ~~ 

I fell onto my bed, completely exhausted. We had been cleaning the house and unpacking for two days and I could bearly stand upright. I felt as if I was now breathing dust as my new source of oxygen and I could taste the tacky taste of dust across my tongue and down my throat.

I felt the bed dip next to me and I turned my head to face the person, my cheek now pressing into the soft, cool fabric of my bed covers

"Hey Kelly." I smiled at the little girl next to me. I moved my arms towards her so I could pull her into my embrace. She automatically responded to me and curled into my chest.

"Rose I can't go to sleep!" she whined clutching tighter to my shirt. My smile slowly faded at her sad expression. I know it is such a little thing though to me it wasn't.

"Why not?"

"I don't know where I put my nightlight." she told me sadly.

I thought of a way to make her go to sleep without it. I suddenly got the perfect idea and I looked down at her.

"Do you remember when we used to live here before we moved? You might not because you were only two." I asked quietly, stroking her hair.

"Not really." she mumbled into my shirt.

I gently unattached myself from her and slid off the bed, walking over to my piano.

"Rosy! Where are you going?!" She quivered, on the verge of tears.

"It's okay Kels. Just lie down and try to go to sleep." I assured her as I sat down and stretched my fingers.

"I can't!" she objected stubbornly.

I quickly glanced at her before smiling, "Try."

Then I started to play the soft melody that I used to play for her. The gentle music lingered throughout the room, creating a calm feeling. Nothing could be heard other than the notes that came from the graceful movements of my hands, flying slowly across the black and white keys. I heard this song on YouTube a long time ago and it was one of the most peaceful songs that I had ever heard.

The melody was so gentle and it was very soothing. I learned how to play it and made it Kelly's Lullaby because she used to have nightmares a lot. She would always fall asleep before I could even finish the song and this used to be the best time of my day, playing a beautiful song while watching her sleep with a small smile against her lips.

As I was just halfway through the song I looked over at Kelly and she was sound asleep, her small figure curled into a ball on my bed. I let a happy smile overtake my face as I climbed in next to her, moving the covers so they were over both of us and forcing the warmth to surround us. I pulled her into my chest again, circling my arms around her as if they were a protective barrier that will hopefully always be able to keep her safe. And with that last thought, I fell into a dreamless sleep.

The next day came around and we made the final touches to our cleaning task. Kelly's nightlight was apparently in one of my boxes of possessions though she said she would prefer to sleep in with me for a while and I said okay without hesitation. I lied down on one of the black, two seater couches in the living room and closed my eyes, trying to relax all my tense muscles from the last few days of hard work.