_FORTUNA_

Tyche's Roman Equivalent

The next morning, Jungkook and Asani wake up feeling refreshed. It's some of the best sleep they've gotten since they left the Sanctuary.

They get dressed and decide to make dinner for her father. Jungkook realizes that he lives the same way that his child does. There's little to no meat stored in his house.

The only thing available is beef breakfast sausage. There is even cereal and milk but no eggs. Jungkook closes the refrigerator and purses his lips.

"I do not know to make a vegan breakfast."

"My mom has a cookbook." Asani says as she pulls it down from the cabinet.

Jungkook looks over her shoulder with his hands on her waist as she skims through the pages. His lips rest on her shoulder, pressing kisses onto her skin.

"We can make oatmeal and almond butter toast." Asani says. "It's starred. My mother really liked it."

"Do you like it?" Jungkook asks.

"Mhm." Asani hums as she looks back at him. "She sometimes ate avocado toast too."

"I like avocados."

"Seokjin does, too. We can make that as well with the meal."

"Okay." Jungkook agrees. "You can make the oatmeal then since you know how it is made. There is no way for me to possibly mess up toast." He says as he reaches into the cabinet for the bread and looks around for the oats.

"You can burn it." Asani responds.

"Do not say those things out loud. It is for your father, I cannot burn it. That would make me look bad."

"It is just toast. I don't think he will take it so seriously."

"But I will."

Asani smiles at his frustrated pout as he takes the bread from the plastic wrap.

"You are so cute." She scrunches her nose at him and he looks at her as his face warms.

"I love you." He tells her.

"I love you." Asani says back as he leans in to kiss her lips. It's a soft kiss, a chaste peck.

"Do you want to go out today? Your father offered to take us to see the town."

"Do you think that it is safe?"

"Poseidon is no idiot. Neither is Perseus. They will not be so violent in public. We may be safer there than here inside the house." Jungkook reason. "Plus, we can see what the world is really like. After living in the sanctuary for so long, aren't you curious to know?"

Asani thinks about his words as she stands at the counter. The places that she's seen are very limited and only recently have started expanding. Yet she's only seen two places outside of the Sanctuary. Her home village and Hawai'i.

Both are very beautiful places. But she still wants to see more. She wants to experience and discover the things that she hasn't yet gotten to.