_MARS_

Ares's Roman Equivalent

Over the next several days, Jungkook goes to visit Asani. Every other night, without fail, he is in the Sanctuary. Asani has shown him how she makes her clothes, how she makes jewelry, how she makes cleaning and household items. Jungkook has been shown how she lives and survives day to day.

"All of this seems like work. Tedious, hard work."

"It is, it can be. But I have no other options." Asani says as they sit by the reservoir of the stream.

Their feet dangle into the water. Jungkook ponders her words and grows somber. This is her only option. This is the life that she has to live.. for things that she did not do and cannot control. It is unfair and it frustrates him.

"What do you for fun? Or to relax?" He asks as both a mood lightener and to distract himself from his thoughts.

Asani looks at him and then stands up by the rocks. She's wearing a brown bikini top and a wrap skirt today. Jungkook told her that she looked 'very pretty' when he first walked in today. She verbally ignored him but gave him a look of acknowledgement instead.

She reaches for the tie of her skirt and unknots it. It falls to the ground revealing her bikini bottoms and Jungkook stares at her. She walks to the edge of the water and jumps in. He watches with wide eyes as she swims around before coming to the surface.

She wipes the water from her eyes and swims to the edge.

"Are you going to get in? Or are you too prissy in your all white clothing and silk underwear?"

Jungkook blinks at her,

"I am not-." The amusement in her eyes lets him know that she's teasing him and he's falling into it once again. He sighs and stands up, backing away from the water. He takes his shirt off and fold it before putting it on the ground. Asani rolls her eyes at that. He takes his shoes and socks off before unbuttoning his pants.

Her eyebrows raise and she looks away. She turns her back to him as he takes them off. He notices her abashed nature and tilts his head. He folds his pants and puts them with his shirt.

"Why did you turn?"

"You're getting undressed."

"I have seen you naked... and you have seen me naked to change my clothes."

"The first was of my own consent. I do not care to inhibit my nudity in my own home unless it makes you uncomfortable. And if so, tell me the times that you are coming so I can be fully clothed. The second, I didn't look. It was difficult to dress you while shielding my eyes but I got it done."

Asani explains her reasoning. She is comfortable being naked around people. Her mother raised her to be comfortable in her own skin, to love and embrace every natural part of herself. Mentally, emotionally and physically.

Jungkook understands her complete level of comfort and confidence. He feels the same. However, it leads him to question if she is the same around her other guest. And if so, what transpired? If anything at all.

He puts his legs in the water before sliding down into it. The lukewarm temperature drenches his body; a nice contrast to the muggy humidity of the forest air.