_HYPNOS_

"God of Sleep"

Asani sits next to Seokjin on the couch and Jungkook sits on her right. When the three deities related to Medusa see each other, they all gasp quietly.

"Oh, wow... You look so much like her." The woman with curly hair speaks. It's short, in a low cut that looks like it's been growing back for a few months. Her eyes are the same striking green color as Asani's, as Medusa's, as her sister sitting next to her.

"Spitting image of what she looked like at your age." The other woman says. Her hair is in locs as Asani's is. Instead of flowing down her back, they stop at her shoulders.

Asani's voice is caught in her throat as she opens her mouth. She becomes quickly overwhelmed at the sight of her family. Her eyes water and spill over.

"Oh, honey. Come here." The curly haired woman waves her over and pats the cushion in between her and her sister. Asani walks over and sits on between them. Bosso moves from a lying position to a sitting one.

Seokjin looks over at her and puts his hand on her back, rubbing her fur to soothe her. She purrs but keeps her eyes on Asani's interactions.

The young deity is being hugged by both of her aunts as she cries. She has no words. She doesn't what she is supposed to say or do. All this time, she though she was all alone in this world. That she was the last left.

She didn't think about having any family and her mother never mentioned them. She truly felt lost. She was beginning to give up hope despite how outwardly optimistic that she seemed to Seokjin.

"Your mother is the youngest of three." The curly haired woman starts as she hands Asani tissues. "There is her, Stheno," she points to the woman with short locs. "And me, Euryale."

"We grew up here, in Libya. The village was much bigger back then. There were almost 300 people. So many. Your mother used to memorize everyone's name. Every single person's name, she knew. When we would walk by, she would greet them and they would wave and smile back to her. Everyone knew her. She was kind, smart. She was the sweetest girl and grew to be the sweetest woman."

Stheno nods. "Oh, she was so loved. When her birthday and the time of gift giving came, she was always given the most. She was always gifted the nicest of things, the most expensive and precious of items. Necklaces, watches, diamonds, pearls. The men of the village used to gift her with everything wonderful that they could find to prove their admiration. They would court her."

Jungkook thinks about the table full of candles and jewels in Asani's home. In the room where the painting of Medusa is, these items lie. He told her the story that is told on Olympus and while Asani indirectly denied it being the truth, she never explained. He assumes now that it's because she, herself, did not know.

Medusa wasn't a thief. She was given those things. They were gifted to her by many admirers. Olympians were just in disbelief that she could have such things. They know where her homeland is. They assume all of them to be savages.

"Even if they knew she would ultimately deny them, they still gave her things. It's their way of showing appreciation for women. They just do it more when the woman is someone they would like to wed." Euryale explains.

"Yes." Stheno nods with a smile. "The men give us gifts often. If it isn't a gift, it's a celebration or a dinner. Things of that nature."