_BACCHUS_

Dionysus's Roman Equivalent

Asani lies with Bosso in the grass, enjoying the sight of the stars against the night sky. Koda sits against her side and Juno lays in her lap. The four of them relax in the clearing, taking in all the sounds of the forest around them. Nothing is out of place or out of ordinary until they hear twigs snap.

All four of them turn their heads in the direction of the forest. None of them as they look at the trees, scanning the area; left and right, up and down.

Jungkook emerges from the trees and they all visibly relax. Asani stands up from the ground and jogs to him. He hugs her in his arms, squeezing her as he puts his head in his neck. He holds her tight and close as if he hasn't her in years.

What's five days to an immortal?

Too long, he'd tell you. Much too long.

"I missed you so much." He speaks against her skin. She squeezes him back with her head against his chest.

"I missed you too." Asani says as her eyes water. She never expected to like him this much. She never expected his absence to affect her this much.

Asani never expected to fall for a God. One that intruded into her home and annoyed her to all hell at that.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook cups her cheeks. "Don't cry. I'm here, Asani. You have me. Look." He puts her hands on his chest and she breathes as she feels him.

"Don't go again." She sniffles as she tries to catch her breath. "Please."

"I won't. I will stay here. Let's go inside. It's late."

Asani holds onto his hand as they walk through the clearing. They get inside and he takes his shoes off. He strips himself of his white clothes when they're in the bedroom, removing his underwear as well. He puts on some beige colored shorts and gets into bed with her. She wraps her arms around him as they lay there.

"...I spoke to Zeus." Jungkook says quietly, hesitantly.

Asani look rubs his chest as she takes in his words. She doesn't know how to respond. She assumes that he asked him about saving her life. She's not sure that she wants to know. In her mind, it was just a chance encounter. One random good deed.

"Poseidon is not my father."

She picks her head up to look at him. Her hand stops rubbing his skin but instead rests against it.

"What do you mean?"

"I am... a Demigod. My father is human."

He stares up at the ceiling as he talks. He is not saddened by the news. He just feels a little lost. He's been lied to, deceived. In a way that worked in his favor but still. Now he feels as if he doesn't know a part of himself. A piece is missing.

"Poseidon was questioning my lineage while Athena was pregnant. So she asked Zeus to grant me the power of the seas and tie my lineage to Poseidon's. Because he created the tie, he is bound to protect my lineage."

Jungkook licks his lips as something his mind graced over before but didn't fully think about pops into his head.

"And in order to protect my lineage," He looks at Asani, lightly rubbing the skin of her cheek. The warm palm of his hand touches her. She leans into his touch and a small smile stretches on his face.