Chapter 24

James POV

A sudden knock on my door brings me back to earth from my day dream.

"Today's the day." Sirius said, a biscuit in hand as he burst through the door.

"What day?" I asked rather groggily.

"You have dinner with your future in-laws." Sirius said, plopping himself on my bed.

"Don't get ahead of yourself." I said.

"Well, either way you better start getting ready." Sirius said. "Need to make a good impression on your in-laws."

"Yeah, whatever." I said, throwing a pillow at Sirius as I sat up. He tossed the pillow back at me, then headed out of my room. I glanced down at the last note I got from Lily.

Dinner tonight, 5:00 sharp. Please dress up a bit, and please behave, Petunia's walrus will be over. Can't wait to see you.

Love, Lily

I looked over at my open closet door and wave my wand at it, and watched as a bunch of clothes flew out towards me. I sorted through until I decided upon a black polo and a pair of tan pants. I took a quick shower, then came back and got dressed.

"I guess you clean up alright." Sirius said as I came down the center staircase.

"Sirius." My mother warned.

"Just wish there was something you can do about that bird nest." Sirius said, throwing a hand through his hair.

"The great irony that I created slickeasy and it doesn't even work on my own child." Dad said as he walked in from the kitchen, a coffee in his hand. "Always drove me insane."

"Well, either way you do look handsome." Mum said. "What time will you be back tonight?"

"Guessing around 11 or so, I don't know for certain." I said.

"Well, behave yourself and have a wonderful time." Mum said, walking over to me. She gave me a kiss on the cheek, to which Sirius made a noise causing Mim to shake her head.

"If you need us just let Sirius know." Dad said.

"Yes dad." I said.

"Tell Lils I said hi." Sirius said.

"Yeah, yeah, see you guys later." I said, walking out the front door. I walked a little ways from the front door before I appirated.

I opened my eyes to find myself in an empty park, my feet buried in fluffy snow. I cruse silently at myself as my feet freeze as I climb out of the snow bank and onto the path. I glance up and down the street quickly before pulling my wand out and drying my feet, then return the wand to my pocket and head off towards Lily's.

Lily POV

I keep pacing back in forth, unable to wait patiently for James' arrival. Suddenly, I hear a knock coming from downstairs.

"I got it!!" I scream, throwing the door open and sprinting down.

"Evening Lily, you look gorgeous." James said, leaning against the door frame, an arm behind his back. I smile, my hands playing at the hem of my knee long yellow dress.

"You look very handsome yourself." I said. He was wearing a simple blue polo shirt, plus khaki pants and a plain black belt. "Couldn't tame that hair though?"

"Has a mind of its own." James says, shrugging his shoulders. "By the way." He brought his arm around and showed three bouquets of flowers.

"Awww, thank James." I said, pulling him into a hug.