Day 25: Going back to work

Note: I wrote this well before I found some of the spoilers for the Season 12 premeire. Enjoy!

Early September

Nell knew today was the day, her last vacation day was yesterday. She called Hetty the day before and told her she was returning the next day.

'Sigh. Come on, you can do this!' She told herself in the mirror.

At work

Nell walked into the bullpen. No one was in yet.

'Miss Jones?'

'Hetty, Good morning!'

'I'm pleased to see you've decided to stay with this team.' Hetty said.

'Yeah, I am too.'

'Mr. Beale is upstairs, if you wish to see him.'

'Good to know.'

'When today is over, please come see me in my office. No exceptions.

'Okay.'

The day went okay. Eric was happy to see her, along with the whole team. Nell was feeling pretty good about her decision.

Hetty's office, evening

'I trust you had a good day?' Hetty asked as the ladies drank tea.

'Yes. It was good to be back.' Nell responded.

'Is there something else on your mind?'

'Well, It feels a bit weird, being back not long after losing my mom.'

'That's to be expected. Are you pleased with your decision?'

'Yes, yes I am. And thank you for the tea, and, for helping me out when I really needed it, and the forced vacation. And, for honestly not snapping at me when I snapped at you last fall.' Nell said.

'You're welcome, dear!'

'Can, can I hug you right now? Because I'm feeling really grateful, you could use one.'

'Anytime, sweetie!'

They hugged.

'I love you Hetty.'

'I love you too Nell.'