Day 17: Board Game

Deeks and Eric were playing Monopoly at Eric's place.

'Thanks for agreeing to have a guy's night with me, man. I really needed this.' Deeks said.

'Hey, anytime you need someone to get you out of having to spend time with Kensi's energetic girlfriends, I'm your guy!' Eric responded.

'Mmm. Very grateful for this, because there's only so much girly energy I can handle at one time, from multiple girls.'

'So, you and Kensi doing good?'

'Yes, we are. Ooh, there's a good property!'

'You heard from Hetty lately?' Eric asked.

'No, and I doubt she would call me.'

'Just asking, because Nell won't say anything, either because she knows nothing, or she's too busy playing at Hetty's desk.' Eric said, sounding grumpy.

'Ooh. Do I detect something negative?'

'Maybe. First, she avoids me for, basically half the year, then, she comes back and finds out she's temporally in charge of the team while Hetty is god knows where, now, who knows where our relationship is now.' Eric said, pouting.

'Well, on the bright side, she didn't retire? She's more confident now?'' Deeks asked, trying to calm the situation.

'I guess. Just, wish she wouldn't still ignore me.'

'Eh. Girls can be complicated. I oughta know.'

'You're married, how complicated can it be? Ooh, nice property!' Eric asked.

'Oh believe me, it's more complicated trying to understand how girls think then it looks. Look how long it took me to understand Kensi! It took 9 years, and there are things I'm still trying to understand about her.'

'Your point?'

'It takes time. Just be patient. Aw shoot, just landed on Go to Jail.' Deeks answered.

'Thanks man.'

'Anytime.'