Thunderbird: This Might Hurt (Male Reader)

Safehouse
23:21 Hours
28/01/2022

"Just hold still, Mina. This might hurt a bit." you said as you lined up the needle with the cut on her eyebrow. 

You pierce her skin with the needle, causing her to breathe in deep and bite her bottom lip to try and mask the pain. "Shit, you weren't lying." Mina said as you continued to suture her busted eyebrow. 

"You alright?" you asked as you lined the needle up again. "Y-Yeah, just a little banged up from that hit I to- fuck!" she said out loud as you pierced her skin again with the needle. 

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I'm really sorry- I-"

"It's fine, Y/N... I'm... Fine..." Mina said softly.

You cut the thread after tying the suture up, putting the tools back onto a towel for you to sterilize later. "You need anything? Cup of coffee maybe? I can whip some up for you." you said as you washed your hands. Mina smiled at your offer, thinking about whether to take you up on it or not. 

"Sure, coffee would be nice. Do you have decaf though?" she asked.

"Yeah, I do. I'll be back with your order, ma'am." you said as you walked out the room. Mina just smiled at your snarky comment, she always did have an admiration for your sarcasm. As you made her that cup of coffee, every single memory of you and her started flooding your mind.

Her mind did the same as well. Mina always had feelings for you. She still does, she just doesn't know what to do with them.

You walk back into the room; her cup of coffee in your hand. "Hey, its decaf. Just like how you wanted it." you said as you put it on the end table next to the couch. Mina turned towards you as you put the cup down, smiling slightly at you as you sat down next to her. 

"Thank you, Y/N."

She fixed the blanket over herself as she held her coffee close. A silence sets in as the two of you just sit there, not knowing what to say to each other. 

"How're you holding up?" you said as you faced Mina.

"It's been five minutes since you last asked me that." she said while chuckling. You smiled and laughed back at her reply; "Well, you got me worried- that's all." you replied.

Both of you stared at the empty fireplace, imagining how it would be like if it was actually filled with real firewood burning away. "I've always wanted a fireplace." you said.

"Well, we've got one now." Mina said, smiling at you. 

Now was your chance.

You took your hand to her face, running your finger from her cheek down to her jawline. You saw her eyes widen; pupils dilating. She put the cup down at the table without looking; her eyes locked onto yours.

"And... I've always wanted you too."

You close your eyes and lean in, meeting Mina's lips.

You both got what you wanted that night.