Ash: Captive (Male Reader)

Note: I know some things don't line up with actual character lore, but I took some liberties with this one so yeah.

October 10, 2018.

It was supposed to be a routine patrol.

But what happened, there was nothing routine about it.

Your squad got ambushed; bullets whizzed past overhead and shrapnel flew everywhere.

Everything felt like it was in slow motion. You weren't even thinking about what you were doing, you were just reacting.

And in just a snap, you were knocked out.

You woke up in a cell. You were bruised, marks all over your body. You couldn't see anything. It was dark, cold, and lonely.

"You're awake." you heard a voice say. You sprung up, your eyes wide open- scanning the room. You saw the silhouette of a person.

"Who are you... where am I..." you said as you grabbed your head, trying to ease your headache.

"You're in an al-Qaeda camp. You're a prisoner." the man said.

"Who are you?"

"Erik. Erik Thorn. You can call me Maverick."

November 4, 2018.

It's a miracle they haven't killed you yet. The markings on the wall, every inch covered with a stick for every day that passed.

Suddenly you heard gunfire. You heard shouting, people running, explosions going off.

They found you.

You got up and woke Erik from his sleep.

"Erik! Erik! Get up! They found us!" you screamed as you shook him awake. Erik shot up, not having a single clue as to what was happening.

"Huh? What- are those gunshots?" he asked.

Not too long after he asked you, some guys get into the building you're in. You hear footsteps from the end of the hall come closer and closer. A squad of soldiers scramble to your cell and point their guns.

"Hands up motherfucker! Don't do anything stupid or I blow your head off!" he shouted. You and Erik put your hands up as the light from their flashlights blinded you two.

"Relax, private. You can put the gun down."

Bolt cutters cut the chain holding your door closed.

"Erik Thorn and Y/N L/N?" the man said.

"Y-Yes, that's us." you said as you walked out the cell.

"Glad to see you're both alive. Let's get out of here."

The man whistles and rallies his squad.

"Alright men, let's get our boys out of here!"

Not too long afterwards, you were able to get a shower and a hot meal at the FOB. Sure the food was from an MRE and the water was cold, but it was better than whatever you got at the camp; if you even got anything at all.

You were going home.

November 12, 2018.

Erik was dropped off back at the States, and you were going back to Hereford Base.

You couldn't wait to see everyone again.

And most of all, you couldn't wait to see Eliza.

"This is it, sir." the driver said. "Thank you. Means a lot." you said as you hopped out the vehicle.

You looked around, it felt like forever since you've stepped foot on Hereford.

Right outside the gate by the entrance, there she stood. Her auburn hair flowed in the wind and her skin glowed from the sun hitting it.

She ran at you full speed, shouting your name as she got closer.

"Y/N! Y/N!" Eliza shouted as she ran to you.

You walked closer, smiling back at her.

She jumped at you, engulfing you in a warm embrace.

"I missed you so much! You don't know how worried I was... One month, Y/N. You were gone for a month! I-"

Tears started running down Eliza's face as she hugged you.

"Calm down, baby girl. I'm back. I'm alive. God, I missed you so much." you said as you wiped her tears away.

"Let's get in, everyone's been wanting to see you." she said as she held your hand.

"Just shut up and kiss me." you said as you pulled Eliza in for a kiss.

You missed those lips. You missed her hair. Her soft skin.

You missed her.