Chapter 89: grandma passed away

Does Yan Rui suspect that he has concealed the truth?

Duan Chen's heart suddenly became tense, and he didn't dare to face him just thinking about it.

But now... he can't tell him why.

Within two days, the hospital suddenly called Duan Chen and asked him to rush over with his family. The old lady was afraid that it would be impossible.

The phone in his hand fell to the ground with a clatter.

The phone screen is still on, and the call has not been hung up.

The originally moderate temperature in the office suddenly became very cold

Duan Chen's eyes were still looking out the window, and after a while, he looked down at the phone that fell on the ground.

The surroundings were so quiet that even without the loudspeaker on the phone, I could hear clearly what was coming from inside.

"Mr. Duan, did you hear that?"

Duan Chen bent over stiffly and picked up the phone: "I...I heard it."

\"Then hurry up and bring your family."

After the doctor finished speaking, he hung up the call, and the phone beeped.

A gust of cold air rushed from his nose, and then his vision became blurred.

He only went back to his ancestral house last week, and the old lady's body seemed to be fine, but why did it suddenly fail...

Duan Chen left the office with the car key, and the moment he opened the door, he ran into Assistant Zhang who was delivering the documents.

"Mr. Duan, where are you going in a hurry?"

"I'm going to the hospital, and you can handle the company's affairs."

Assistant Zhang heard his trembling tone and knew that something must have happened.

Assistant Zhang didn't dare to ask more, and tightened the information in his hand: "Mr. Duan, don't worry."

He was relieved to hand over the work to Assistant Zhang, Duan Chen. He left the company without looking back and went to pick up Yan Rui at the villa in the southern district.

Yan Rui didn't know what happened yet, so he took Duan Chen's call and waited on the side of the road early.

Duan Chen drove the car to the side of the road and stopped, and Yan Rui opened the rear door and sat down.

"Where are we going?" Yan Rui asked.

"hospital."

"Did something happen to grandma?"

Duan Chen's face was tense, the hand holding the steering wheel clenched tightly, and the body shook twice.

"I called me from the hospital to say that grandma is dying."

Yan Rui only felt a bang in his head, his ears were buzzing, and he was instantly numb from his feet to his head, making him unable to tell whether it was reality or a dream for a while.

"How can this happen?" Yan Rui stared at his lost focus, "It shouldn't be like this."

Mrs. Duan's health has been getting worse and worse in recent years. The last time he went to see her, her eyebrows were dead. He expected that grandma might not survive this year, so he pulled out his snake scales and gave her medicine.

But how come it's only been two days since grandma's condition got worse?

"Did the doctor misjudgment?"