32. the Calaveras

☽ Dahlia searched through her new collection of vinyl discs

☽ Dahlia searched through her new collection of vinyl discs. The sleeves of her sweater covering her cold hands. Leo passed behind her, leaving another box on top of another two. He sighed, brushing a hand across his forehead to get rid of the sweat before leaving again. Nat sat by her vanity, putting the last touch of make up as her stuff moved around her new bedroom thanks to her powers. Atticus was trying to find an outfit for the day, finally asking Dahlia, avoiding an incoming headache. Cynthia's magic helped the last things unpack while she watered the plants at the greenhouse.

The pack had decided to move in together in a huge house, some of them needing the company and others excited to be always with their friends. Bobby and Thea had their doubts, but ended up letting their kids move out of their respective houses. Trusting them enough to let them go.

As she choose one disc to play while she decorated her new room, pushing back some of her dark red hair. Yes, she ended up dying it. There was a knock on the front door. Using his enhanced speed, Leo answered. He furrowed his eyebrows slightly at the sight of Scott McCall. Dahlia had been apart from the group for a while now, she didn't hang out with them as often as before. She did talk with the girls, even the new girl Malia. Of course she also talked with Scott, they were basically siblings and she went to have dinner with him and Melissa at least twice a week. It was him she didn't talk with "Hey, bro. What can I help you with?"

Scott raised an eyebrow, but didn't comment on the bro "Uh, it's Dahlia home? I need her."

"Sure, come in." He nodded to the inside, leaning on the staircase "Lia! You're brother is here!"

"Which one!?" They heard her shout from her bedroom. Atticus appeared on the hallway, weaving at Scott who waved back with an awkward smile.

"Scott!" The vampire replied.

"Oh. Then wait a second!" She left the disc and putted on her slippers. Walking down the stairs with a small smile "Hey, what's up?"

Scott glanced at the boys, Leo immediately picking up "Oh, right. We'll leave you alone."

Atticus didn't seem to understand that Scott wanted to have a private conversation, as his confused expression showed while being dragged by his friend "Why?" Leo didn't answer, just pushed him inside of the kitchen. Closing the door behind them but putting his ear against the door to eavesdrop. Atticus doing the same just on top of him.

"So... what's up?" Both knew they were listening but didn't care to call them out.

"There's been an issue with Derek..." He started, wary of her reaction. Being surprised when she groaned loudly.

"Oh, you tell me. I've been trying to contact him for weeks and he won't answer the damn phone!" She huffed in annoyance, crossing her arms over his chest.

"That's the thing, he doesn't answer me as well. So I went to the loft and found this." Opening the palm of his hand, he showed her one of the bullets he found. Her breath got caught on her throat, alarming him "What? Do you know what this means?"