31. leaving

☽ Dahlia helped Stiles out of the car, his arm wrapped around her shoulders so he could be helped with walking as well

☽ Dahlia helped Stiles out of the car, his arm wrapped around her shoulders so he could be helped with walking as well. They stopped by the door of the public high school "Scott, hold on. I know what you're all thinking-- if this works, it might kill me, too. But even if it does, you have to go through with it. Stick with the plan, okay?"

"The plan is to save you-- that's the plan i'm going with." Walking inside, they looked around confused. Instead of the hallways of the school, they stood in a garden covered in snow.

Stiles stepped forward as Dahlia handed Lydia her leather jacked, seeing as the girl felt cold "Oh, this is definitely not part of the plan..."

Dahlia caught a snowflake with her mouth just as the Nogitsune appeared, walking weirdly "I know he's old but my grandmother walked better." Scott sent her a glare, making her shut up.

"Like I promised, Stiles... We're going to kill all of them, one by one..." The dark spirit spoke. Onis appeared around them, moving slowly towards them.

"What the hell is this? Where are we?" Scott asked the Nogitsune.

"Between life and death."

"Bardo." Lydia said in realisation.

"But, there are no peaceful deities here, Lydia. You're dying, Stiles... And now, everyone you care about is dying, too."

"What? What do you mean?"

"I've captured almost all of the territories on the board, Stiles-- the hospital, the sheriff's station, and now the animal clinic." The siblings shared a look.

Melissa.

"Do you know the ritual of seppuku, Stiles?" Dahlia pulled him behind her, glaring at the spirit.

"No. And I don't want to." He took a hold of her hand, wanting her to back away but she didn't move an inch.

"When a samurai disembowels himself with his own sword to maintain his honor. But that's not the cut that kills him-- the killing stroke is made by his kaishakunin, who beheads the samurai with his own katana. Scott... Scott is your kaishakunin. I'm going to make your best friend kill you, Stiles. And you're going to let him... Because, just like you, they're all going to die. Everyone touched by an Oni's blade... Unless Scott kills you, first." He walked closer, standing in front of the couple.

"Why? Why are you doing this?" The human boy asked.

"To win the game." He backed away as the Onis got into position. But so did they.

"Stay away." Dahlia warned Lydia and Stiles, the former helping him walk out of the way as the other three fought the dark figures.

All they really did was dodge, not knowing how to kill them yet. Dahlia asked the voices in her head but none replied. Not knowing either. She gained frustrated when their backs touched, her brother exclaiming "How is this happening? How are we in this place?"