15. sweet vendetta

☽ Tires burning up the pavement, Scott raced his motocross bike to a stop in the school's parking lot

☽ Tires burning up the pavement, Scott raced his motocross bike to a stop in the school's parking lot. He yanked his helmet off just as Stiles's Jeep soared in beside him. Stiles and Dahlia ran to him.

"Where is she?" Dahlia felt nervous about her best friend's whereabouts. She had been told to come over when she was with Stiles, and the thought of Lydia being hurt was eating her from the inside.

"Over here." They spotted Allison coming out of the shadows with Lydia.

"Oh, thank goddess!" Dahlia hugged her, missing the sad looked shared between her friends. They were worried about her way of acting lately. They knew she was scared one of them would die, and she wasn't the only one. But the Hale wasn't taking it well.

"Lydia?" Stiles asked, wanting to know what happened.

She pulled away from her friend and smiled at the dark haired girl before turning to the rest with a scared expression "It's the same thing- same thing as the pool. I got into the car heading somewhere totally different, and ended up here." She turned to her best friend "And you told me to call you if there was a dead body."

"Uh, I did," they ignored Stiles before he added "You found a dead body?"

Dahlia glanced over at him and narrowed her eyes "No. She found an alive body. That's why she called us!" he repeated her actions before they turned to Lydia.

"Not yet..."

"Not yet? What do you mean, not yet? Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body." Stiles said exasperatedly.

It made her scoff "Oh, no. I'm not doing that again. You find the dead body from now on."

"How are we supposed to find the dead body? You're always the one finding the dead body!"

"Guys...?" Their attention turned to Scott "I found the dead body."

Scott looked past them to the Beacon Hills High School sign atop which Deputy Graeme laid. Garrote around her neck. Blood streaming down the stone and brick.

"And yet, another death." She was about to lit a cigarette when Stiles throw it away.

"Not now." He muttered with glossy eyes. When she realised she might been insensitive, guilt creeped in her.

"I'm sorry, love." She placed his head on her shoulder and hugged him so he didn't have to look at the dead body anymore. Kissing his head, she could hear him trying to suppress a cry.

Peering around a corner, Dahlia and Stiles watched Stilinski confer with deputies and plainclothes officers. With a last note jotted down, Stilinski gave the group a nod and then noticed his son and his girlfriend watching.

They tried to slip away, but Stilinski stopped them before they could get too far "Excuse me! Hey! Hey, hey, hey- back it up! I know what you're thinking. I know you've got all these ideas about patterns and people dying in threes-"