19. till the end of days

☽ The three surrogate sacrifices laid perfectly still in the water of the steel tubs

☽ The three surrogate sacrifices laid perfectly still in the water of the steel tubs. Scott, Stiles and Allison, their faces breaching the surface of the water just enough to breathe while their bodies remained submerged. All at once, their eyes snapped open and they lurched up, surging back to consciousness. Water splashed across the floor as they each grasped for the edges of the steel tub.

"I saw it. I know where it is." Dahlia's head snapped to Scott as he spoke. One-by-one they scrambled out of the tubs, soaking wet.

Dahlia ran to wrap a towel around Stiles "We passed it. There's-there's a stump... this huge tree-- well, it's not huge anymore, it was cut down-- but it's still big, though! Very big!"

"It was the night we were looking for the body-"

"Yeah, the same night you were bitten by Peter."

"I was there, too, in the car with my mother. We almost hit someone." Allison told them, leaving Scott stunned.

"It was me-- you almost hit me," They looked to the others, elated by their discovery while Stiles glanced down at Dahlia as she made sure the towel covered him correctly "We can find it."

They face confusingly muted reactions. Deaton, Isaac and Lydia shared looks far less hopeful. Stiles looked up at them and then back at Dahlia, realising she hadn't look him in the eye once.

"What?" Allison asked.

"You guys were out a long time..." Isaac replied.

Scott looked to the windows to see that it was still night. But Stiles was the first to make the realisation "How long is a long time?"

"Sixteen hours." The girl in front of him replied.

"We've been in the water for sixteen hours?" Scott asked incredulously.

Deaton nodded "And the full moon rises in less than four."

Stiles looked at his girlfriend as Scott had a hushed conversation with Deaton "Are you ok?"

She shook her head, bringing him to lift her chin with his fingers "You can't do that."

"Do what?" He whispered, looking between her eyes and her lips.

"Tell me you're in love with me and then be dead for 16 hours," he chuckled "That's not fair." He shook his head, leaning down to kiss her lips.

"I'm sorry, love." she smiled softly.

"Wanna know what?"