20. the date

☽ Dahlia and Stiles laid next to each other in the formers bed, looking at the ceiling

☽ Dahlia and Stiles laid next to each other in the formers bed, looking at the ceiling. It had a huge Taylor Swift poster and a picture of the two in a corner. Stiles hadn't told her yet about the nightmares he had been experiencing, and was thinking of doing it that day until she turned her head to look at him.

"Let's go on a date." she blurted out, making his eyes widen.

"W-What?"

Dahlia shrugged, turning to the ceiling again as he looked at her "We never had the chance to. We totally should."

"And what would you like to do?" he leaned on his elbow, taking a better look at his girlfriend. Lately she was the only one who made him feel safe. Comfortable. At home. Even his own bed terrified him, not wanting to live one of his many nightmares. That being the reason he hadn't shared a night with her for weeks.

Only if they were awake he agreed to be in the same bed as she.

Dahlia didn't reply, only grinned and pulled him to his feet. He groaned, missing the comfortable mattress, but stopped once her lips touched his "Stop whining and follow me." Holding hands, they left the house. Bobby looked out from the living room door and smiled softly, seeing the two teenagers happy.

Stiles was surprised when instead of going in his car, as usual, she opened the passenger door of her own for him to enter. He bowed mockingly while entering, making her laugh before going to the driver's seat. During the whole ride, he wouldn't shut up. All the time asking where they were going. Only making her turn the music louder until the point he had to turn it off because it was hurting his ears.

"Seriously, where are we going?" she didn't reply, only smiled. He sighed and nodded in defeat, looking out of the window. The only thing he could see was stores, and children laughing with their mothers. His eyes watered at the sight, praying Dahlia wasn't aware of it. Fiddling with his fingers, he continued to watch the families together. A mother was helping his son get into a bike, probably promising not to let him go. But mothers always did, didn't they?

Dahlia pulled the car on the side of the street, causing her boyfriend to furrow his eyebrows. He imagined she was taking him to have lunch or something like that. But there was no restaurant near. She opened his door again "Gentleman?" she nodded to the outside, and with a grin he climbed out of the car and kissed her. Cupping her cheeks, pulling away with a last peck.

"I'm so in love with you." he whispered, a blush appearing on both of their faces.

"What a coincidence, I'm so in love with you, too." The girl smiled, closing her car and leading him to a green old store. The confusion didn't leave off his body, not until they reached the inside. Where an old woman was surrounded by green plants.

"Oh, Dahlia! How's your father?" The woman hugged the teen, both smiling.

"He's great. How's Dorothea?" She referred to the woman's, Genevieve, daughter. That was around the same age as Bobby. They've been trying to get them together for years, but neither of them dared to ask the other in a date.