A Dream Come True

(Natsu P.O.V)

"Well?!" Mirajane said, raising her voice.

Was Luce going to say yes? I thought, after I realized what was going on.

Ever since I had met her during that whole "Fake Salamader" episode, I knew she was really nice and we were going to be friends. Even Happy liked her, mainly because of the food. That's why I brought her to Fairy Tail. You don't just bring some random person to your guild saying that they want to join. All of the Fairy Tail members are united. We shouldn't let any traitors get in. Soon after we had created Team Natsu together, I had started liking her, but I couldn't tell her! She was my best friend! Who knows what she would say!

"Okay," Luce said after a moment of thought. The room dropped silent. You could hear crickets chirping outside. S-she said yes?! I thought, my face turning bright red, steam blowing out of my ears.

"Yes?! Omy gosh! Yes!" Mirajane screamed happily, breaking the ice. "My biggest goal of my life was to get you two together! My mission is accomplished!" she cheered, pumping her arm into the air.

Lucy took a deep breath and focused her chocolate eyes into mine.

"At first I thought you were annoying, Natsu: doing everything on impulse, always itching to fight. But then I realized that you would do anything to help your friends and you were always loyal to them and Fairy Tail. Then I started to fall for you but I didn't have the courage to tell you." Lucy explained quietly.

"Aw!" Mira took a tissue and wiped her eyes. "There's nothing I adore more, besides my shippings, than a love story!" I just stood there stunned, looking at Lucy, who's cheeks were pink. Without thinking, I reached over and took her hand gently. She looked at me quickly but she didn't loosen her grip. 

"Squee!" Mira squealed. "I just have to tke a picture of this!" She whipped out her phone and took at photo. Usually, I would have snatched the phone away and deleted the photo. (I can't afford Mr. Underwear Man to tease me for it). This time though, I didn't mind. I was with Lucy, my very best friend and that was all that mattered.