An Unlikely Pair

(Levy P.O.V)

We went downstairs to get our bags. I walked carefully down the stairs and went to the living room where my bag was.]

Once I had gotten there, everyone had already grabbed their bags and went to their rooms. I was the only one left. Or so I thought.

"Hey, Shrimp," said a voice behind me. I turned around quickly, seeing Gajeel, the Iron Dragon Slayer.

"H-hi, Gajeel," I replied timidly. He stared at me with his red eyes so intently that I blushed and looked away.

"Hey, you need help with that?" He questioned, looking at my large bag.

Without even waiting for my answer, he grabbed ME and my bag and heaved me onto his shoulder, with my stuff in his hand.

"I can do it myself!" I protested, kicking my feet on his chest and pounding my fists on his back. He ignored me and started to walk up the stairs. If only my legs were longer.. I can hit his most vital spot..

"Hey, what you got in here?"

"Oh! U-uh, just a couple of books and some clothes."

"A couple? Hah! More like a whole series!" he chuckled.

"A couple IS a series, dummy!"

He suddenly dropped me off his shoulder and on to the carpeted floor. Oh no! Did I say something wrong?  I thought.

"I-I'm sorry I called you dummy, Gajeel," I apologized.

He snorted and said," I'm not dropping you because you said that, Shrimp. We're there already there."

I saw that he was right when he motioned towards the pink door we were standing in front of. I blushed in embarrasment. He dropped my bag on my lap and headed towards Elfman's room.

"Hey!" I called after him.

He looked over his shoulder and peered at me closely.

"What's up, Shrimp?'

I blushed. "Oh, n-nothing. I just wanted to thank you for, you know, carrying my books."

"Whatever," he said and started walking back down the hallway.

But I could swear I saw the slightest hint of a blush before he turned around.

Gajeel? Blush? Those were two words you didn't hear often in the same sentence.

But I could tell, under that iron skin, that there was something kind about him. Geez, this is becoming like another one of my romance novels that I read.

I grabbed my bag and trudged it into Lisanna's room.