Accidental Invitation

(Lisanna P.O.V)

We piled into the car: Laxus and Mira-nee in the front, Juvia, Gray, and Natsu in the second, and Lucy and I in the last. Lucy and I climbed in first, with Natsu following behind.

"Hey, retard! Get your butt out of my face!" Gray grumbled.

"Yeah, like I'm ever going to do that, Stripper!"

"Flame Gecko!"

"Ice Princess!"

"Ah! If only Gray-sama paid as much attention to Juvia as he does to Natsu-san!" Juvia complained.

Ahh.. young love! I thought. Then I noticed Lucy staring daggers at me. Ever since, Truth or Dare, Lucy's been acting kind of strange. It's almost like she's jealous of me... But why would she be jealous? Then I saw her look quickly at Natsu and looked quickly back, a small blush on her cheeks. Oh! It's Natsu!

I leaned over towards her and whispered," You like Natsu, right?"

"What?!" she yelped a bit too loudly. Natsu looked over.

"You okay, Luce?" he asked. I nodded for Lucy and motioned for him to turn around.

"Well, no-- I mean, I don't know. Maybe, I guess. Do you like him, Lisanna? If you do, I'll stay back, don't worry." she riased her hands as a sign of surrender.

"Me?! No way!" I shook my head vigorously.

"But-but, what about you saying you liked him at Truth or Dare?" she asked, leaning forward a little.

"That was when we were kids, Lucy! If you like him, I'm definitely not getting into your way. Now that I think about it, you guys make the perfect pair!" I exclaimed happily, clapping my hands together. Mira-nee is my sister after all.

"Y-you really think so, Lisanna?"

"Of course! Anything to help my friend!"

"Friends?" she asked, a hopeful smile on her face. I leaned over and gave her a hug.

"Friends!" I agreed. About five minutes later, we pulled up to a fancy-looking place with a blue, low-rise ceiling and pink seashells embedded into the white walls.

"We're there!" called Mira-nee.

"Hmm.., 'Restaurant by the Sea'?" observed Juvia.

"Let's go in!" ordered Laxus, waving a hand at us, motioning us to follow.

"Hey, look! There's Levy! Hi Levy!" Lucy waved through the glass door.

"Lu-chan! You're here!" she greeted back.

"Hello, do you have a reservation?" asked a brunette cashier, her eyes downcast, facing the computer.

"Yes!" Mira-nee answered. "Mirajane Strauss, please."

"Miraja--" She looked up, straightened her glasses and peered again at Mira-nee. Her jaw fell open. "The Mirajane Strauss? Omygosh! I'msuchahugefanand-- Ooh!CanIhaveyourautograph?" Mira-nee gladly gave it to her and asked her for a table for eleven.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Mirajane-san! We only have tables of two. So sorry to disappoint you!" cried the cashier, bowing down in apology.

"It's quite all right," Mira-nee answered. She looked at everyone apologetically.

"I guess you guys have to separate into pairs, then."

"Hey, Luce!" called Natsu. "Do you want to share a table?"

"Oh! Um, sure I guess." She replied. I flashed her a quick thumbs up and a smile. Go! I mouthed to her, waving my hand to indicate that she should move along. 

"Hey, Lisanna!" called a familiar voice. The owner of the voice placed their hands over my eyes.

"Guess who?"  I knew it was Bickslow but I decided to play dumb.

"Well, it couldn't be Bickslow." I smiled and tapped my chin. He uncovered my eyes and turned me around.

"Surprise!"

"Knew it all along." I laughed. "Anyway, what are you doing here?" I asked the Mage, who had a tendancy of dressing like a knight.

"Huh? Mirajane told me that you wanted me to come and invited me," he replied, scratching his head in confusion. Oh, Mira-nee. I thought. When are you ever going to give up the idea to get Bickslow and I together? Oh well, it doesn't mean we can't get along with eachother.

"Sorry about that, Bickslow. That was just Mira-nee trying to set us up together." I explained to him, hoping he would understand.

"Oh, really?" he said and crossed his arms.

"Do you still want to eat together, though? I don't have anyone to eat with." I invited.

"Like a date?" he asked and grinned maniacally. 

"N-no, no! Nothing like that!" I waved my hands frantically. "Just like a friend!"

"Right," he said sarcastically and rolled his eyes. 

"Bickslow!" I yelled and socked him in the arm.

"Ouch...," he groaned, rubbing his arm. "Not so sure if I want to eat with you anymore." 

"Oh! Are you okay? Sorrysorrysorry!" I apologized. I ran over to him to see if he was okay.

"Hah! Tricked you! You're so gullible, Lisanna!" he laughed loudly.  Hmpf! I crossed my arms and walked to the nearest table. Clip, clop. The sound of footsteps came closer.

"Hey, Lisanna? Sorry about that." Bickslow apologized, standing behind me. I ignored him, giggling interally. 

"Lisanna?"

I lifted my head and started to laugh.

"Hah! Tricked you, Bickslow!" 

"W-wha? Hey!" he sulked.

"Still up for dinner?" I asked.

"Sure!" he replied, looking relieved. I grabbed his hand pulled him down to the seat across the table.

"Glad you're here with me, Bickslow."

"Same."