Rejection

(Lucy P.O.V.)

"Hey Luce!" Natsu had called. "Do you want to share a table?" I looked at Lisanna, unsure. What if she still likes him? She could have been just lying to make me feel better! I thought in horror. To my relief, Lisanna and smiled and motioned for me to follow him. Note to Self: Lisanna doesn't like Natsu! She's your friend! Don't think nasty thoughts about her! She seemed to be happy with Bickslow, the person she was eating with tonight. They were sitting at the table across from us.

I followed Natsu to a table with a flickering candle on the surface with ceramic plates and glass cups. Natsu pushed back the chair for me and I sat down, hiding my face. My face was totally red! I hoped he didn't notice. He took his black coat, hung it on the back of the chair, and sat down. (He was still wearing his scarf, as usual. He never takes it off. Even at the beach, he ties his scarf around his waist. I never knew scarfs were water-proof).  We were quiet for a few minutes. I kept on replaying the Truth or Dare episode in my head, the part when Lisanna admitted her early crush on Natsu.

"Luce? Hello?" Natsu waved his hand in front of my face, snapping me back into reality.

"H-huh? What? Oh, sorry Natsu!" I said.

"Are you sure you're okay? You seen kind of spazzy these days, Luce."

"SPAZZY?! Wat did you call me, mister?" I raged. I do have a short temper when it comes to insults. Especially Natsu's.

"Ha ha! Still the same ol' Luce," he laughed. "But seriously, you were kind of avoiding me after Truth or Dare. Are you feeling well?"

"I can ignore anyone I can, Natsu!" I retorted. But it was true. After Truth or Dare, I refused to make eye contact with Natsu.

"Actually, Luce, I have a question about that." He looked down at his hands, salmon hair falling into his eyes.

"Yes, Natsu?"

"Um, why did you walk away from me after Truth or Dare? Did I say something wrong? If I did, I'm really sorry, Luce. I can't really stand you mad at me." he confessed, looking slightly up at my face.

"No no! It's okay, Natsu! You probably won't understand!" I replied. I just wanted to get away from this conversation. He raised a skeptical eyebrow.

"Excuse me?" We both looked up. A dark-haired waiter stood at the side of the table. Whew! Saved by the bell-- I mean waiter. 

"Here are your menus! I am your waiter, George. Just press this button, and I will come." He  indicated toward a small, blue button on the side of the wall, bowed down and disappeared. I scanned through the fancy menu. My eyes bugged out. So expensive!

"Hmm.., the steak sounds good. Or maybe..-- Ooh! Kabobs!" marveled a drooling Natsu.

"I think I'll just get a potato salad." I decided. I pressed the button on the wall. Bzzt!

"Ready to take your order, ma'am?" asked George, pen posed over a pad of paper. He took our orders and disappeared again. 

"So, Luce? You were saying before?" Natsu had brought the topic back up. 

"Huh? W-what are you talking about?" I replied, avoiding eye contact and tucking a stray hair behind my ear.

"Nothing; never mind." he said. I saw a small hint of a blush creeping up his cheeks. My face turned red also.

~Awkward slilence~

"Here are your meals." George said, placing two dishes in front of of us. "Enjoy!"

"Arigatou, George!" I thanked. He nodded and disappeared.

"Wow! This looks amazing!" Natsu commented. He was right. My potato salad looked perfect. The potato were cut into perfect squares and the sauce was think and creamy. Hope it tastes as good as it looks! I thought. I guess I'll have to try for myself. I took my spoon and tried a little. It was delicious

I looked over at Natsu. My eyes bugged out. He was already done?! He was now taking the plate and licking the remains of sauce and meat. 

"Natsu!!" I yelled. He looked up from the plate.

"Yeah, Luce?" he asked.

"Don't do that! It's embarrassing!" I protested.

"So you're embarrassed by me?" he questioned, causing me to blush. He was so serious! His onyx eyes drilled holes into me.

"N-no!"

"You know, Luce, if you don't want me to bother me, just tell me. I know you're ignoring me. You don't have to hide it." he said quietly.

"N-natsu?"

He took out a few crumpled bills and placed it on the corner on the table. I reached out my hand, as if to pull him back, but I sensed he wanted to be alone.

"Bye, Lucy," he whispered so quietly that it was barely audible. Lucy? He hasn't called me that for so long! And why did he just walk away. I didn't mean to hurt his feelings. Is this still about Truth or Dare? Why is Natsu mad at me? Why?!  A million thoughts ran in my head.

"What did I do wrong?" I said out loud. 

________________________________

(Dun, dun, duuun... What will happen to Lucy? Why did Natsu run away?.....)

Hi! I don't usually do author's notes, but I just wanted to thank my readers for 100+ reads!  You guys are amazing! 

~ @overacupoftea