Runes

(Natsu P.O.V)

"N-nastu?" 

I turned around and saw Luce sticking her head through a partially open door. 

"Luce? What are you doing here?" I asked.  

"Um, Mira told me that she had lost her hairbrush and she wanted me to go get it for her." she replied and walked through the door.

"Hey! Mirajane told me the same thing!" I exclaimed loudly. Luce's face brightened and she pointed her index finger towards the ceiling.

"I knew it! I knew she was planning something! C'mon, Natsu, let's go back downstairs and confront her." she said and turned around to walk away.

"No, wait! We can't go out!" I called after her. Too late. Her face crashed into a magical, invisible wall.

"Ouch!" she cried, rubbing her head. "Why can't I go through?" she asked, pressing her hand on something invisible right outside the door, preventing her from passing through.

"Yeah, I tried to go through before. There are some runes outside the door. If there weren't anything wouldn't you think I would be out already?" I asked her, crossing my arms. She ignored my little comment.

"Maybe she called Freed to put some runes while we were downstairs during the Pocky Game this morning." she suggested. Freed was green haired Mage who is in the Thunder God Tribe, a team that includes Evergreen and Bickslow.

"Anyway, what do the runes say?"  Dark purple writing had appeared in the doorway when she had gotten hit.

"It says 'any person who has a U in their name shall not pass'" I read out loud.

"Oh, geez!" Luce groaned. "Natsu. Lucy. We both have U's in our names!"

"Yeah, bummer." I agreed. Too bad Happy had just dropped me off and spent the night with Lily and Carla, Gajeel and Wendy's Exceeds. None of them have a U in their names. They could have helped us out.

"Oh, I know!" Luce exclaimed after a minute of quiet thinking. "I'll call Levy to see if she can re-write the runes to let us out! She doesn't have a U in her name either!"

"Hey, you got a good idea for once!"

"FOR ONCE?! I'm very helpful in Team Natsu!" Luce screamed at me.

"You are?" I asked, scratching my head.

"My mind is filled with ideas! I just don't choose to share it!" she retorted and crossed her arms. Yeah, right. I thought. But I choose not to say it out loud. Luce is pretty touchy when it comes to herself. 

"Anyway, Luce. Can you call Levy now?" 

"Grr, fine," she muttered and turned her back on me and picked up her phone. After a few minutes of yammering, she closed her phone in satisfaction.

"Okay! I contacted her! She said she'll come soon because she needs to sneak out. Mira is apparently trying to trick some other pairs upstairs like they did to us." Luce explained.

"Sure."

~5 Minute Awkward Moment ~

"Lu-chan?" a voice called. "Are you there?"

"Levy! In Mira's room!" Lucy called out, waving her arm, though the door was still closed.

"Um, Luce? You know that Levy can't see you. The door's closed." I pointed out.

"I'm aware of that," she said icily, but put her hand down. The door creaked open.

"Lu-chan?" Levy poked her head in.

"Yes, here! Thanks for coming, Levy! I don't know what I could do without you!" Luce grabbed Levy in a bone-crushing hug.

"No problem! It may take a minute or two to re-write the runes, though." Levy took out a pen and started writing over the runes. 

"And.....done!" Levy announced a minute or so later. The dark purple runes had disappeared.

"Thank you so much, Levy!" Luce cried. Levy smiled. She grabbed Luce's hand and walked out of the room, pulling Luce behind.

"You coming, Natsu?" Luce called behind her shoulder.

"Yeah!" I called back and jogged out of Lisanna and Mirajane's room. I quietly caught up with the girls and grabbed Luce from her waist, pulling her onto my shoulders.

"N-natsu!" she yelped in surprise.

Levy giggled, delighted for her best friend. I ran past the blunette and down the stairs. Luce squealed, afraid to fall off.  We had reached the bottom, but Luce didn't seem to want to get off, so I continued carrying her.

"This is fun!" Luce said to Levy, who was still on the ground, looking up at her friend.

"You should have seen your face when Natsu gabbed you, Lu-chan!" Levy exclaimed. "Your eyes looked so big, like a pancake!"

"Levy!" Luce yelled. Levy giggled. We walked into the living room and saw Mirajane smirking at us, the rest of the guest staring at us, bug-eyed.

"Looks like my love plans worked out." Mirajane said smugily.