{29}Aunt Carol

Vote<3Comment<3Follow

The moment they got loaded in his aunt's shitty minivan, she started her bullshit

"If you were going to be late, you could have called an uber or something."

Addison sighed and laid his head on the window. He didn't have time for this. Not right now.

"Well, Carol," His mother started. "John texted you beforehand telling you that we would be late. You decided to wait at the airport for hours."

"Well, Amy, I see your attitude is still as bad as ever."

"Aunt Carol, can you please just drive. The sooner you step on the gas, the sooner we'll be out of your precious van, okay?"

"And I see Addison hasn't changed either." She turned to the backseat and scowled. "Who do you think you're talking to, kid?"

"I'm not a kid." He scowled back.

This was their relationship. She hated him, and the feeling was mutual.

"Addison, don't disrespect your aunt." His father sighed. "Amy, behave."

"Maybe if she didn't act like such a bitch-"

"-Addison!"

He sunk back in his seat and checked his phone.

Oliver told him to text him when he landed, but Addison got bored of
waiting, so he texted him way before.

He also texted him before the plane took off, and when he landed.

He hasn't gotten one response.

He was supposed to tell him bye before leaving the house, but he didn't want to wake him up. After everything that had happened the night before, he needed his rest. But now, he wishes he could have at least given him a little goodbye.

Who knows what could happen while he's gone? His Aunt could finally snap, more than she already has, and murder them. She could swerve the car into a ditch right now, and the last conversation he had with Oliver would've been about his abusive dad.

What if he's ignoring me?

He's not ignoring me, I haven't done anything wrong.

At his Aunt's house, everyone else had already settled in. Therefore, they had to hear remarks about them being late.

"It's about time y'all arrived." His grandfather coughed out. He stood up from his chair with a cigar hanging from his mouth. Despite Addison's best efforts, he could never pinpoint the cause of the man's strong alcohol odor. It could have been because he drank 24/7, or because it just sat in his pores.

"Sorry, dad. We missed our flight." Addison's father went to hug him. "Hey, mom."

She walked right past her son and flew into Addison's moms' arms, "Amy!" She gave her a bone-crushing hug and kiss on the cheek, "Oh! How are you?"