{36}Just Smile And Nod

Vote<3Comment<3Follow

For the rest of the afternoon, Addison endured a painful silence with Oliver

The time was 9 o'clock when Addison finally said something.

They were preparing for bed, and he didn't want to end the night that way. He didn't need Oliver thinking he was angry with him.

Being mad at him wasn't logical. He and Oliver weren't together. Addison was the one who very harshly clarified that just days ago.

But Oliver's a great guy. Even Addison had to admit that. And a great guy like him deserves to be happy, even if it's with a two-faced bitch like Cate.

"So a date, huh?"

Oliver paused and slowly turned his way, "Yeah, I got the courage to ask him while we were..." He stopped himself and glanced pitifully at the ground.

"...While you were dry humping on my bed." Addison raised his eyebrows. "Yeah, I saw."

"Addison, I'm sorry. You said you didn't want him in the room, and I did the exact opposite. But he's a good guy, I promise."

Addison slid under covers and looked up at Oliver, who looked hesitant to join him, "I'm sure he is."

It's impossible for him to believe, not after what happened today.

Maybe he could forget the bathroom issue. The guy was probably having a bad day. But the stunt he pulled earlier had a purpose. He has a goal, and Addison wants to know what the hell it is.

"Why are you just standing there?"

Oliver shifted uncomfortably and sighed, "I just...Now that I'm going out with Cate, we can't..."

Once again, Addison felt the discomfort in his stomach. This is what he feared.

Change.

He didn't want things to change between him and Oliver, no matter how selfish it sounded.

"...You don't want to sleep in the same bed anymore?" His voice cracked slightly, "I can't force you to. It's fine.

"No, it's not. I'm being stupid. I'm sorry." Oliver chuckled nervously. He got in bed and turned off the lamp.

Addison's heart sank a little at the sound of him shuffling to the far end of the mattress.

It was silent for a solid 30 minutes. Addison was sure Oliver had fallen asleep before the boy exhaled, "Addison?"

"What?"

The boy abruptly sat up, "Are you okay with me being with Cate?"

Addison rubbed his eyes and turned in his direction. He looked up at Oliver, and for some reason, as he gazed at the boy's face. There was a part of him that wanted to say 'No.' But he forced that urge down into the pits of his hidden desires and shrugged.