{41} Minor Setback...Right?

Vote<3Comment<3Follow

DON'T FORGET TO READ THE CHAPTER I POSTED RIGHT BEFORE THIS ONE "{40} Respect

DON'T FORGET TO READ THE CHAPTER I POSTED RIGHT BEFORE THIS ONE "{40} Respect..." If you're confused by anything in this chapter you probably skipped over it<3

One conversation.

It took one conversation to brighten his day, and three more--yes he counted--to make it even better.

After talking to Oliver that morning, they had a few conversations in classes together. There was something about seeing Oliver smile his way that made Addison feel refreshed.

Addison monitored the clock impatiently, waiting for school to be over so he could spend time with him, something he's been itching to do for weeks.

He felt like he was in 4th grade again, watching Oliver from across the room, waiting anxiously for recess so they could play together. Addison's stomach clenched at the memory. Before everything happened, they were happy together. They weren't best friends, but Addison had to admit, Oliver was one of the best ones he had back then.

Before his pride took over, he could admit his feelings no matter how desperate or risky they were.

But he grew up, things changed. Other than a helpless crush or an elementary school romance, Oliver was in a relationship, and Addison was just his friend.

No benefits, no feelings, just friends.

The idea of this faltered his mood, but only for a second. By the time lunch came, everything was perfect.

"I don't know, it's just something about today that feels like how Mcdonald's sprite tastes. You know?" Addison spoke plopping down at Eli and Eve's table. "Am I the only one feeling this way?"

"Yes," Eve muttered.

Eli rolled his eyes at her and slid closer to Addison, "What's going on with you guys?"

"She's being a bitch."

"He's being a bitch, "Eli and Eve spoke at once.

"No, I'm not!" They both exclaimed. "Stop doing that!"

"Both of you, stop talking." Addison snapped. "God, I can barely take it when you two talk one at a time. Eli shut up, and let Eve talk."

"You're taking her side?"

That's a big no-no. One thing Addison knows never to do is take sides, definitely when it comes to them.

"I'm not taking sides because as much as I love drama. I'm in a really good mood and I can't let it get ruined." He pointed at Eve. "Why are so you pissed?"

 Eve replied. "He went through my Instagram following list."

"Is that not a normal thing to do?" Addison frowned. He's been looking through Oliver's list for years.