{45}Promise

Vote<3Comment<3Follow

THIS IS A REALLY LONG BUT IMPORTANT CHAPTER!

Sorry for any typos<33

"Kool-aid?" Addison frowned. "What the hell are we supposed to do with Kool-aid?"

Oliver chuckled, "It's for Gabe and his friends."

Setting up for a high school party is harder than you'd think. Running around, hiding pictures and glasses.

Trying not to look at Oliver's ass while he bends down and fills the cooler.

It was all very overwhelming for Addison.

"We can do the real drinks later," Oliver commented, he closed the cooler and sat across from Addison at the dining room table. "Is everything hidden?"

"Yep."

Oliver nodded, and they fell into an awkward silence.

Addison tapped his fingers on the wood, occasionally sneaking glances at Oliver who was no doubt, texting Cate. He eyed him up and down, appreciating beauty, as one does, before tearing his gaze away and back to his hand.

After the"Family and Friends" night, Oliver did stay. He'd been around a lot more in the past week, but more for Gabe than Addison.

Addison couldn't blame him, he wasn't even Gabe's brother and he hated the feeling of the younger boy being mad at him.

So he couldn't imagine how Oliver felt.

They both tried things for Gabe to forgive them. Money, letting him skip school, they even told him he could have a well-supervised sleepover with Autumn. But nothing worked, so they gave in, and let Gabe invite a few friends to the party.

Hence the Kool-Aid.

But Addison couldn't care less if Gabe was there.

As long as it didn't get in the way of his relationship with the alcohol, that his parents forgot to hide, or the goal to ignore Cate's presence. Everything was fine.

"Let's start on the drinks," Oliver spoke with a shrug.

Yes.

Addison went over to the wooden bar set and opened it with an excited grin, "They won't even notice, let's just take it all."

Oliver shook his head, "You're a nuisance, you know that?"

He started picking up bottles of...he didn't even know what, and shrugged, "They should have locked it up."

"Maybe it's because they trust you to do the right thing."

Addison set the bottles down on the counter and went to get more, "Well...now they know not to."