{42}Intrusive Instinct? Pt. 1

Vote<3Comment<3Follow

He called them intrusive thoughts

Every time, in the past two weeks, that Addison's seen Oliver and wished he was in Cate's place was just an intrusive thought.

Every time that he wished he was who Oliver was taking out to stupid romantic dinners and spending all of his nights with, was just an intrusive thought...Right?

Addison prayed that was the case. Because if the clutch in his stomach every time he laid eyes on his "friend" meant anything more, he didn't know what he would do.

For multiple reasons. One, Oliver went silent, at least when he was with Cate. The boy sees him and immediately averts his gaze. Like one glance at Addison was venomous in a way.

It's like he disappeared.

But of course, he didn't actually vanish. Addison wished did because every time he laid eyes on him, those intrusive thoughts went haywire.

And Two; Wouldn't it be wrong if he only felt this way about Oliver because he wanted him "to himself?" Oliver's not some kind of property, he's a real person with real feelings and Addison would hate himself for toying with them.

Not that Oliver would ever give him the chance to.

Oliver never approached the fact that he stood him up or the fact that the Westbrook household was his home, and he abandoned it altogether.

The place has been tense without him. Gabe's been bitchier than ever, but Addison could only blame himself for that since he was the one that acted like a total dick.So Addison couldn't blame him.

He already got turned away by his own brother, and then Addison made it worse by practically doing the same thing.

Nevertheless, he's been asking to go out a lot more, and quiet in the presence of basically anyone.

That or cooped up in his room.

It almost makes Addison wonder if it's only Oliver that's bothering him, and not something else.

With all the hostile energy, Addison's parents have been trying to cheer things up.

Last week they sat him and Gabe down and watched old home videos.

It made Addison happy that his parents included Gabe as if he was their own. And even through all of Gabe's frowns, Addison could tell he was grateful too.

After that night, everything went right back to the way it was. Tense, boring, and just...bland.

Addison never thought that one person, that only started living in his home a few months ago's absence, could make the place so bland.

Today was going to be another one of his parents' attempts to get things brighter with a "Family and friends night"

Eli and Eve had already arrived, and Oliver was supposed to be there any minute.