{14}A Sick Joke

Vote<3Comment<3Follow

The shortest chapter in this whole story ngl

The shortest chapter in this whole story ngl... I hate it sm. I hate the way I wrote it and everything so please, after reading it, just disregard it from the whole story<3

"What the hell?"

Oliver gave him a strained smile, "Hey."

"What. the. hell?"

"Let me explain-"

Addison's voice rose. "-What the hell?".

Oliver sighed, "Can you just sit down?"

He stared at him with furrowed brows. This must be wrong. It must be a mistake. Maybe Addison's having some sort of nightmare, he has been pretty stressed about the situation.

"Addison. Sit."

Addison slides into the booth and stares at Oliver wordlessly with an evident grimace. Oliver averts his gaze out the window.

The two sat like that for a while, until Oliver broke their silence.

"Can you say something?"

"You know what pisses me off the most about this? You don't seem too surprised."

Oliver looked away from him and down at his hands. This just made Addison angrier.

"You knew?"

"Addison Can I-"

"-Did you or did you not know?"

Addison's dirty look grew at Oliver's silence. The least he could do was answer a simple question.

"It's a yes or no question."

"Yes, I did."

Addison's lips parted, his eyebrows knitted together in thought.

This is some sick joke. Six months of Addison's life have been a sick joke. And Oliver Beckett was the one behind it. He wasn't even surprised.

I'm an idiot.

"I didn't know until a month ago. That day with you in your room, I heard your phone go off from the bathroom, and I put the pieces together."

"And so you started flirting with me?" His voice rose. "What was this? A game to you?"

Of course, it was a game. Everything to Oliver Beckett is a game.

"No. I just-"

"-You what, Oliver?"

"I really liked talking to you. At this point, you're all I have. You're the only person that was there for me. I couldn't just let that go."

Addison's face softened just as quick as a scowl spread across his face. "I'll do it for you."

"What?"

"I'll let it go for you since it was so hard for you to do. Me and you." He points between them. "Are done."

"Addison-"

"-It shouldn't have been a thing in the first place."

He stands up and looks over at the old couple who quickly looked away, hiding their evident eavesdropping. "Mind your business."

"Addison, wait."

He walks out of the diner, slamming his car door closed once he got inside.

"God, you're an idiot." He muttered to himself letting his head drop onto the steering wheel. Then the realization kicked in. He told him everything. He told him about his thoughts, his secrets, his issues. He humiliated himself.

Maybe that's what Oliver wanted. Maybe Oliver wanted to build him up, just so he could tear him down on this very night.

Oliver's been plotting this for months.

It was his plan all along, and Addison got strung along.

Addison started up the car and pulled out of the diner's parking lot. He caught a glance of Oliver from outside, typing vigorously on his phone.

Seconds later he received a message.

User789o0: Addison can we please talk? I'm serious I swear if you would let me explain...

Addison didn't read the rest before clearing his notifications and deleting the app entirely.

He's been relying on Oliver Beckett for months. He gave him the satisfaction and attention, but he won't do it anymore.

He's done with Oliver Beckett for good.

IIIIIIIIIIIIII

Before you keep reading on just know that I am the queen of non-surprising surprises. Like deadass, I deserve an award for how obvious my shit is<3

I've decided to post two chapters tonight because I'm ripping off a band-aid. I hate the next chapter as well because I've never written anything like it.

Also sorry but y'all know how Addison is...he was not finna run into this guy's arm all happy and shit. It's okay they'll be back...one day.

Am I too comfortable with these authors' notes? Probably