{39}Tic Tac "No"

Vote<3Comment<3Follow

DO NOT FORGET TO READ THE CHAPTER I POSTED EARLIER TODAY "{38} "The "Busy" Angel"

Their outing started off with a short visit to the mall. Even with Gabe, it was calm and refreshing. The thought of Gabe being in the same sentence with those two words threw Addison for a loop.

One thing, amongst others, that Addison noticed Oliver and Gabe had in common was their need to impress adults.

Addison didn't know if Oliver had taught his younger brother to be this way, or he just naturally learned to, but they both felt the need to stay on Addison's parent's good side.

Which is a pretty good idea with their current living conditions, but Gabe went overboard.

He was a totally different person in front of his parents, he didn't talk, or make obnoxious jokes. He didn't even crack a smile, but Addison didn't know if that part was because of his parents, or his brother's recent absence.

Addison had a slight feeling it was both.

When they got back in the car empty-handed because Addison's father was too cheap to purchase anything, Gabe finally spoke, "Mr. Westbrook," the boy started with a soft voice. "Can you turn on the heating? You don't have to if no one else feels the need to though."

Addison looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"He's right." Addison's mom agreed. "It's freezing in here."

The man nodded and turned up the heating.

"Are you okay?" Addison whispered to Gabe, they had just pulled into a restaurant parking lot. "You seem off."

"Shut up, I'm fine." The younger boy grumbled. "Unlike you, I have respect for adults."

"God, never mind. You're still a bitch."

"Your mom." The boy grinned before sliding out of the car and slamming the door behind him.

They waited in a short line to get in, and during this time, Addison's mom explained to Gabe how things worked.

"You're 11."

"I'm 14-"

"-No." Addison's dad cut in. "Gabe, today you are 11."

Addison remembered having this same conversation when he was Gabe's age, all the way up until he was 16.

"Ok. I am 11." Gabe eventually agreed and they walked up in line.

"Hi!" The waiter greeted them with a kind smile. "4 menus?"

"Oh no." His mother set her hand on Gabe's shoulder. "He's 11. Kids eat free today, right?"

The waiter glanced at Gabe and frowned, "Ma'am..." She eyed Gabe up and down and gave in. "...Yes, kids eat free. "Here's a kids meal for your...child."