{44}Intrusive Instincts Pt. 3

Vote<3Comment<3Follow

AYO IF YOU HAVENT, READ PART 1 and 2 first

After overhearing Cate and Oliver's conversation, Addison ran outside, stood in the middle of his parents, and pretended it never happened.

But, he's Addison. It would take a miracle for him not to analyze things until everything clicked. It's crazy how he can understand someone else's situation better than he understands his own.

The first thing he thought was...Wow. Cate Wilders is a bitch...

But that was nothing new, Addison knew that from the first day. It was an instinct, and not just because he liked Oliver, but because Cate never tricked Addison with the "cute and innocent" act.

In the middle of his rant to himself, he got interrupted by Oliver. "We're going back inside and heading to bed. You okay?"

"Yeah, I was just thinking?."

Oliver nodded, and slid his hands in his pockets, "So...Is it okay if I sleep here tonight?"

The fact that Oliver felt the need to ask was like a knife to Addison's heart. Okay, that was dramatic--but it hurt him.

It hurt him that Oliver no longer thought of his house as his home, somewhere he was always welcome.

"Oliver. Yes."

"Ok cool. I wasn't sure-"

"-You're always welcome."

"I am?" Oliver dumbly asked.

You could still see the effects of Oliver's argument with Cate in his eyes. That guy was slowly tearing him apart, Addison could feel it.

" Oliver, are you okay?-" Addison got interrupted by Oliver pulling his body to his. One minute he was going to assure him of his worth and the next, Oliver's arms were wrapped around his waist.

It took a second for it to register, and for Addison to hug him back. After a few moments, he noticed Oliver wouldn't be the one to do it so he slowly pulled away and placed his hand upon his chest. Keeping a safe and healthy distance between their upper bodies. "What was that for?"

Oliver stepped back, shoulders tense, and lips parted. The words he wanted to say seemed to be stuck on the tip of his tongue. "...No reason. Just a thank you." He forced a smile, "We should get to bed."

"Yeah let's get to bed."

...

Upon entering their room Addison immediately went to the bathroom and took a shower. When he came out, Oliver sat criss-cross on his side of the bed in his matching pj set.

He posed facing the bathroom door, smiling at Addison the moment he stepped out.

Addison couldn't help the soft, and a little too adoring smile that pulled at his lips. "What are you doing?"