34 | Possibilities

Enjoy! :)

------------------------------

They have four and a half days of school left counting today, the last Monday of this school year.

Just how are they going to spend this last week?

Well, they are doing one thing for sure: watching more of Heartstopper in GSA each day.

This week, Charlie brings in a gay cake--a gayke--that he made, in honor of the last official GSA meeting.

"Hey," Kathryn greets Sarah as she walks in through the door.

Sarah grins. "Hey."

"I have something for you," Kathryn says in a shy voice.

Now Sarah's interested. "Oh?"

Kathryn hands her a small, thin notebook with a worn cover.

"You said awhile back--nearly a year ago I think--that you wanted to read stories I wrote," Kathryn starts. "This ... is a short story I've been working on since ninth grade, and I just finished it. And ... as of this moment, it's one of the better things I wrote, so I was wondering if you wanted to look through it..."

"I'd love to," Sarah tells her immediately.

Kathryn stops. "Really?"

"I'll read every word."

Kathryn lets out a huge sigh of relief. "I was worried there for a second. I don't know just how fast my heart was beating, but it was fast."

They both laugh a little at that.

"Thank you for trusting me with this," Sarah tells them appreciatively. She knows how hard it is as a writer to let people read her stuff.

Kathryn nods gratefully. "Thank you for wanting to read it."

Once lunch ends and the pair go their separate ways, Kathryn walks away with their heart beating fast. Sarah walks away with the greatest short story about a lesbian love story that she'll ever read; not because of its amazing plot or breathtaking way with words or witty dialogue, but because her girlfriend wrote it.

Her girlfriend, who at first was writing a lesbian love story about these two girls that only existed in her mind, who in time began telling their story in these pages with both fresh and long dried ink.

-------------------------

Louis has been thinking about Kid Blink lately. It's amazing that he's only known about this person for less than a year, and he's changed Louis's life so much once he learned about him. It's ... interesting knowing that he was Kid Blink.

There's just one thing that is still bugging him though: how he feels so close to Kid Blink, but also so far away sometimes. How they're disconnected.

Suddenly, he has an idea.

He has to tell everyone after their last class ends. 

He texts their group chat as quickly as he can: I need to tell everyone something after journalism and hopes that everyone looks at their phones before then.

At the end of the day, they all follow Louis out of the classroom and somewhere quieter, wondering what his text was about.