24 | You Are Who You Are

Newsbians chapter :)

I feel like my wording in this chapter, at least at some times, especially the beginning, is a tad bit more eloquent/elaborate. Must be reading two books from the 1800's so close to each other.

Well. 1800's but a lot more wlw.

Enjoy! :)

--------------------------------

Sarah knows that something is bothering Kathryn as they walk together down the streets in the cold winter air, holding tight to their hot cocoa/coffee, on their way from the coffee shop to the bookstore. They smile for her, but there's something that still holds their eyes back from shining brightly. Sarah's determined to find out just what is bothering Kathryn. But she can wait. She can be very patient. If she just asks right away, she knows she won't get an answer. So she will wait. Kathryn will tell her on their own time.

Kathryn's eyes light up as they walk into the local bookstore together and the little bell rings, announcing their pressence to the people working there, who smile at them as they walk in.

Sarah grins watching Kathryn, fondness in her eyes. She knows that Kathryn is at home here. Just like she is.

She is well aware that she's only known Kathryn for six months. It was July 18th when they met for the first time. Now that it's Sunday the 23rd, they've known each other for 6 months and 5 days.

That's enough time to know that something is bothering Kathryn. Not enough time to know exactly what.

Still, Sarah says nothing about it.

They pick out books together, some queer, some not. Then there are the books that don't look especially queer, but with on point gaydar they still find those books with queer stories.

I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston starts playing softly from the speakers overhead.

"Ooh! I love this song!" Kathryn exclaims.

"Me too!" Sarah exclaims as well.

They both start lip-syncing the lyrics, being as dramatic as they can.

Oh, I wanna dance with somebody, Whitney Houston sings. I wanna feel the heat with somebody. Yeah, I wanna dance with somebody; with somebody who loves me.

Sarah and Kathryn reach out for each other dramatically on that last line, and then start giggling together.

And, just for a moment, whatever was burdening Kathryn evaporates as her eyes shine with all the brightness that Sarah fell for.

-----------------------------------------

They end up going back to Sarah's house later, and cuddle together while watching The Acorn Princess from Sarah's phone in her room.

"I know it's only seven minutes long, but I love it so much," Kathryn says, head resting on Sarah's shoulder.

"Me too," Sarah agrees.

"The people who created this need to work for Disney."

"They do. We would have a lot more gay in widespread film then."

"It just sends a beautiful message, you know?" Kathryn says. "The two characters who were going to get married wouldn't be happy together, and once they make the king realize that, he lets them choose who they want, and they end up with the one they love. It shows that we can get happy endings."