26 | Appreciate What You Have

Now that I'm actually writing this chapter it's actually kinda sad at times not gonna lie.

Okay, so I like I said, now, it's going to get sort of weird, because the pacing is going to pick up a little faster, and I don't necessarily know how to explain it.

I'm so glad that I was able to write one last wholesome flashback chapter before the worse things start happening.

So this chapter? I have...one sentence telling me what the plot should be, and nothing else haha.

But for once, this isn't Tony-centric, so that's going to be interesting.

And, for once, all the action is in the FIRST half of the chapter, so that's going to be interesting.

Enjoy! :)

----------------------------------------

It's March now. Time passes so slowly and so fast at the same time. Especially when it comes to school.

True, the closer they get to the end of the year the closer they are to summer, but once summer's over, they'll have to face what's next, whether that's the next grade up, or a new path like for Nick and Louis. 

None of them really know how to feel about Nick and Louis leaving when this school year is done. They've just always been here; at least for everyone in the younger grades. And they're just as a part of their friend group as anyone else is. And without them here ... they don't want to think about it.

So they cherish the time that they have when they're all in school together.

They're still really considering the past life regression. But between all the theatre and sports and such that everyone has, there hasn't been a day when they can go as a big group. They know they will. Someday.

It probably should be best to focus more on school work, anyway.

But what's the fun in that?

Charlie wishes that he can focus on school. He wishes that he didn't worry about track after school, worry if his leg was going to start hurting again. He's getting tired of this. It comes and it goes. Some days he's fine. Other times, his leg hurts too much for him to run. It's driving him crazy.

And now, after his last class of the day ends, he'll get to find out what kind of day it is.

At first, he's fine.

And then he collapses.

They haven't been outside for half an hour yet. It hasn't even been half the time yet.

He had ten hours of sleep, ate a healthy breakfast and lunch, and drank lots of water. This shouldn't happen.

But for some reason, it does.

After he's sitting down, he calls the first person he can think of: Jack.

"What's up?" Jack asks after he picks up on the second ring.

Charlie bites his lip. "Can you pick me up? Soon?"

"Aren't you in track right now?"

"Jack, something's happened to my leg. It's bad. I can't run."

"You didn't break it, did you?"

"No. It looks fine, it should be fine, but..."

"Is it related to...?"

Charlie knows exactly where Jack is going with that. "Yeah."