10 | Sweet Moment/Grand Discovery

Let's see how close this actually is to 1000 words when I'm done with it haha.

I wanted to not do double chapter titles, but this chapter kinda calls for it; two VERY different plot directions.

Which is very me haha.

Enjoy! :)

--------------------------

It's been a month since Tony had a weird memory-that-wasn't-his-memory. It was...strange.

And so familiar.

He tries to remember as much as he can.

Because he's not giving up.

He will find out what his past life was.

Even if it's the last thing he'll do.

--------------------------------

It's the Friday before winter break.

Which means that pretty much nothing is happening in the classes.

Everyone's having fun, though. It's that feeling of it's the last day before break, why can't we just get this over with for everyone. Which is why the teachers have all prepared fun activities for their classes.

And of course, there's a lot of passing around treats for friends.

At lunch in Mr. Denton's room, Charlie passed out homemade sugar cookies for everyone.

When David and Jack went their separate directions after second period, David just...he felt something. He didn't want to go in a different direction than Jack.

Jack's smile when he looked at him, that glimmer in his eyes...

David doesn't want it to stop.

And now in lunch, David watches Jack. Watches Jack laugh and talk and joke around, huge smile on his face.

And David just knows that Jack was the person he was always meant to find.

He doesn't believe in soulmates. This is the closest he'll get to believing in them.

After everyone leaves the classroom (including Mr. Denton, who mentioned he needed to go get something, leaving Charlie in charge) after lunch aside from Jack and David, David says tentatively, "Hey, Jack?"

Jack turns around immediately. "Mhm?"

David didn't plan out this far. So he stutters and stammers and stalls and looks down at the ground. "I...well...I don't know...I-I was wondering...well...um..."

This isn't going at all how he wanted.

"Take your time," Jack tells him gently, patiently.

"Don't you have to get to your next class?" David asks, eyes still averted.

"It can wait."

Somehow, David is pretty sure his face is redder.

"Hey, you can tell me anything, you know that, right?"

David finally looks up. Into Jack's kind eyes.

"I like you," David says before he can stop himself. "I...have for a while, and, and..." Now he stops to look at Jack. His head is spinning. He did not think this through. At all.

Jack moves in closer. "Can I kiss you?"

David's coherent thoughts have vanished.

He nods, still dazed.