Chapter Thirty Seven - Petrova Boarding School: For the Young and Gifted

Mystic Falls, Virginia, April 20th 2013.

Elena's POV.

It's been a few months since we have been at college and it was going great. I was sitting in the Mikaelson Mansion with the rest of the guys, along with Freya, Keelin, Rebekah, Marcel, Hayley who was holding Hope, Elijah and Klaus. They came down because Hayley needed to tell us something and right now she looked freaked out.

"What's going on, Hayley?" I asked, her wide eyes looked to me.

"I'm freaking out about Hope" She replied, I looked to her confused.

"Why?" Alex asked.

"As Hope starts to get older her magic is going to start showing more often, how can I send her to school if I don't know what's going to happen there. What if she uses her magic and the public finds out, I can't risk that" Hayley replied, looking at us.

"Hayley's right, we're trying for a child and what's going to happen when they go to school and they end up using their magic?" Jo added, grabbing Ric's hand.

"There's not a school that will take supernatural children though, none that I know of anyways" Ric said as he looked at all of us.

I furrowed my eyebrows in thought, Ric was right, there isn't a school that will take supernaturals. My eyes widened as I got hit with an idea, there isn't a school that caters to that but there will be.

"Then let's make one" I said, everyone looked at me confused.

"You said it yourself, there isn't a school that caters to the supernatural, so let's create one. We create a school for supernatural creatures, like witches, vampires, werewolves, hybrids and heretics and anyone who has been affected by the supernatural in some way. And we help train them, help them in any way possible" I clarified.

"Elena's right, we can create a school and Hope and your child/children can attend" Kol agreed with me, pointing towards Hayley, Ric and Jo.

"Ok if we do that, we are going to need a building, money and time to even think about doing this" Ric pointed out.

"Well, we can donate money to you guys to start up the school" Klaus said.

"And we can use the Salvatore Boarding House as the building" I added.

"Ok, so we are really doing this then?" Ric asked, we all nodded.

"What are we going to call it?" Rebekah chimed in, we all looked to her.

She has a point, what are we going to call it?

"Well since Elena thought of the idea, I say we let her name it" Freya said, I bit my lip as I felt everyone's eyes on me.

"So Elena, what do you think we should call the school?" Hayley asked.

I looked at my hands, thinking of names of what we could call the school. I smiled when the perfect name popped into my head.

"Petrova," I said, looking to them. "We call it Petrova Boarding School, after my ancestor and the one who gave me my magic, Nora Petrova. I want to honour her and her family and I think she would love this"

"That sounds sweet Elena" Maria said.

"Petrova Boarding School," Ric said, Jo held her hand up.

"Petrova Boarding School - For the Young and Gifted" She added, I grinned at her.

"Yes, that sounds amazing" I said, the rest of the guys nodding in agreement.

"So when shall we start trying to build this school?" Ric asked, Kol stood up as we all turned to look at him.

"Well there's no time like the present" He replied, holding out his hands.

We all smiled before getting up and vamping towards the Salvatore Boarding House. Opening the door we walked in, I looked to Ric and the rest of the guys.

"Right you guys get downstairs ready, while I go and pack away everything that is in Stefan and Damon's rooms" I said, the guys nodded.

I vamped up the stairs towards Damon's room. Walking in I looked around, the room hadn't changed. I grabbed some boxes before I started packing away Damon's things. Walking into his closet, I shook my head when I saw Bonnie's clothes. Opening another box, I started packing her things aswell. Once I had finished packing everything of Damon's and Bonnie's, I took out my phone and called one of the charity shops in Mystic Falls, telling them that I had clothing and items to donate.

After the call was over, I walked towards Stefan's room. Walking into his room, I began to pack away his clothes and other items he had in his room. Once everything was packed, I walked over to his desk. I saw all of his journals on his desk, picking up one of them I looked through some of the pages. I rolled my eyes as I saw what he had written about, I placed the journals into a box. I smiled as I came across the picture of Katherine from 1864, sliding the picture into my pocket, I began to take down the various boxes of clothes and items.

I smiled as Kol, Klaus and Marcel began to help load them into the cars. Getting into the car, I started to drive towards the charity shop. Handing over the boxes to one of the staff members there, I waved goodbye before driving back to the Boarding House.

I walked into the house, standing in front of the box filled with Stefan's Journals.

"What's in the box, Elena?" Jo asked, I looked to her.

"Stefan's Journals" I replied, turning back to the box and picking it up.

"What are you going to do with them?" Ric asked as he looked to me.

"Burn them" I replied, grinning at him as I turned and walked to the back of the house.

Once outside, I lifted my hand as I made a makeshift bonfire with large branches. Moving my hand again, fire began to burn the branches as the bonfire started. Walking over, I placed the box I was holding down. Opening the box, I grabbed one of Stefan's journal before I threw it into the bonfire. After doing that with all of his journals, I walked back into the house as I waited for the journals to burn entirely.

I walked into the lounge to see everybody sitting down, making my way over to one of the couches, I sat down beside Kol. Ric looked to us as he ran a hand down his face.

"So everything is gone, what do we do now?" Ric asked.

"Well we can phone some companies, like moving and building companies so we can get this place looking like a boarding school" Elijah replied, we all nodded in agreement.

"Right I'll phone the building company," Ric said as he pulled out his phone.

"And I'll phone the moving company" Jo added, pulling out her phone as well.

I smiled as everyone began to discuss what they could do with the school. I can't believe we are making our own school, a school that will help those who are supernatural or have been affected by the supernatural. I felt tears prick my eyes, I was making a school in honour of Nora Petrova. I just know she is looking down on me, proud that I have come so far.

I grinned as Kol pulled me closer to him, I rested my head against his shoulder. My life was great, I was finally happy and I wouldn't change that for anything.