Chapter Twenty Six - Daily Killings and Nightly Conversations

New Orleans, Louisiana, October 17th 2012.

Elena's POV.

It's been a few days since the kiss between me and Kol, and we have been stealing glances at each other. We haven't been able to be alone with each other since then and it was driving me crazy. All I could think about was kissing him again, I wanted to feel his lips on mine again.

It was late in the afternoon and I was in my room when Kol came barging in, I stood up quickly. 

"What's wrong?" I asked, Kol smiled.

"Nothing, my brother just wants us to go to this place. There has been a lot of activity going on there and Nik wants us to find out what is going on" Kol replied, I nodded. 

Putting on my jacket, I followed Kol out my room and down the stairs. We walked out of the compound and began walking to the place where Klaus said to go to. I kept glancing at Kol every so often, biting my lip gently. My feelings for him were intensifying by the minute, I was falling for him. Hard. 

We got to the clearing that Klaus sent us to, I looked forward and noticed that there was a small cabin up ahead.  My eyes widened when I saw five men come outside, I looked to Kol only to find him smirking. 

Kol clapped his hands together as he looked at the men. 

"Well, well, well, what do we have here" Kol said, the men turned sharply towards him. 

I watched as the five men showed their fangs, they were vampires. Kol grinned wickedly, before the five vampires launched themselves at him. Kol began to fight the other vampires, tearing out their hearts one after the other. I jumped in shock when one vampire sped towards me, before he could touch me his body fell limp landing on the ground in front of me with a loud thud. 

I looked up to see Kol dropping the heart on the floor next to the dead body, I bit my lip as I looked over him. He was covered in blood and I don't know if it was just my feelings for him messing with my head but he looked so attractive right now. I squeezed my thighs together when Kol's dark eyes connected with mine. 

"Elena, are you ok?" Kol asked, I looked at him for a moment before shaking my head. Fuck it. 

My body moved quickly towards him as I wrapped my arms around his neck, smashing my lips against his. Kol groaned, pulling me closer to him. I gasped when I felt Kol lift me up, my legs wrapped around his waist tightly. I groaned when I felt my back being pressed against a tree, Kol detached his lips from mine and began making a trail down my neck. I leaned my head further back to give Kol more access. 

"Kol...." I moaned out, my hips grinding down against him. 

Kol groaned before pulling away, setting me down lightly. I looked at him confused, did I do something wrong? I gasped when Kol twirled me around and my back was pressed against him. 

"Darling, don't think for one second that I don't want you or that you did something wrong? I want you, believe me," Kol murmured in my ear, squeezing my hips lightly. "But I don't want our first time to be against a tree in the middle of the woods, I want it to be special." 

I blushed as I leaned back into him. 

"Ok," I whispered. 

"Now lets get back to the compound because if I stay here and look at you covered in blood any longer, I'm going to change my mind" Kol added, I smiled. 

It was night when Kol vamped us back to the compound and up the stairs, leaving me in my room while he went into his. I turned slightly, catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror. There was bloody handprints, Kol's bloody handprints all over my thighs and bits of dried blood on my dress. Yeah I definitely need to change out of this.