Chapter Six - Lesson 2: Controlling Water

Gilbert Family Lake House, Dunham Lake, June 23rd 2012.

Elena's POV.

I was back in the clearing when I turned to see Nora sitting down on the stone slab. I walked over and sat down beside her, turning to me she smiled.

"I did it Nora, I learned how to control fire" I told her, she grabbed my hands in hers and squeezed lightly.

"Yes you did and I am so proud of you" she said, pulling me into a quick hug.

"So what's my next lesson?" I asked excitedly, Nora chuckled.

"You're next lesson Elena will be to learn how to control water" She replied before standing up.

"Good Luck Elena" she said before disappearing.

I got up from the bed excitedly as I quickly got changed for the day. I picked up Mystic as I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, placing Mystic down I went and filled her food and water bowl. Once that was done, I walked over to the stove and began to cook some pancakes. I smiled as the sweet smell of the pancake mix filled the kitchen, while I was waiting for the pancakes to cook I turned on the coffee pot.

Placing the pancakes on a plate and pouring the coffee into a mug, I brought both of them over to the table before sitting down. Eating my pancakes, I pulled out my phone seeing that I had a message from Ric, that was sent on 15th November 2011.

Ric:

Hey Elena, I'm sorry I haven't messaged in a while. How are you? How's college going? Damon hasn't been acting like a dick has he? Anyways Jo and me are going to be staying for another year, we should be back sometime round May 2013. Have fun at college and don't get into to much trouble, Love you. Ric.

I chuckled at that before realising that neither Caroline, Stefan, Bonnie nor Damon made Alaric believe that I was still in Mystic Falls. Shaking my head slightly, I quickly sent a text to him.

Elena:

Hey Ric, sorry I didn't reply to your message. I'm doing ok, I've had better days to be honest. I actually didn't apply for college, I still couldn't decide what I wanted to do. Me and Damon aren't on good terms right now, I'll tell you all about it when you get back. Please don't mention to Damon or any of the others that I said anything. How's you and Jo, anyways? How are you finding her coven? They better be treating you good. Have fun over there, yeah? I'll see you when you come back, Love you too. Elena.

Putting my phone back into my pocket, I finished off my pancakes and my coffee before washing the plate and mug. Walking over to Mystic, I picked her up before making my way outside. Walking towards the lake I sat down cross-legged, placing Mystic beside she sat down.

"So we're going to be learning how to control water today Mystic" I said as she meowed in response.

Taking a deep breath in, I looked towards the lake. Lets see if I can make small drops of water rise from the lake. Moving closer to the lake, I lifted my hands towards the lake as I focused on small drops of water rising up. I watched in amazement as small drops of water began rising above the surface, I grinned as I looked at Mystic briefly.

"I did it Mystic" I said as I lowered my hands and the drops of water fell back in.

Running my fingers through my hair, I tilted my head to the side.

"Hmm, lets see if I can make a ball of water like I did with the fire" I murmured, before lifting my hands again towards the lake.

I focused on the small drops of water rising above the surface before connecting and making a small ball of water. My mouth fell open in awe as I watched the small drops began to form a ball of water. Grinning, I focused on more balls of water rising above the surface before my eyes lit up with excitement when more and more balls of water began rising up.