Chapter Thirty One - The Fall of Lucien Castle

New Orleans, Louisiana, December 10th 2012.

Elena's POV.

I looked to my left and right, noticing that I was in the clearing again. Turning around I saw Nora but she wasn't alone, my eyes widened when I saw a group of....myself?

"Nora, what's going on?" I asked, walking towards her.

Nora smiled.

"Elena, these are all of the doppelgangers over the last two thousand years. You've already met me and I'm sure you remember Katherine and Amara" She replied as Katherine and Amara waved.

I shook my head in disbelief. This isn't happening.

"Why are you guys here? Why am I seeing all of you?" I asked.

"We are here to give you our powers. In order for you to be here right now with all of us, you had to die." Nora started, I looked at her in shock.

"What?"

"The Elixir you took, it's power was to allow you to come here so we could help you enhance your power as a doppelganger, you will awaken once we have all passed through you" Nora finished.

"Pass through me? What do you mean?" I asked, my head turning to look at Amara when she spoke.

"Remember when you and your friends first met me. You guys found out that I was the anchor between the living and the dead" She started, I nodded.

"And that every supernatural creature who died, had to pass through me to get to the other side? It's kind of like that" Amara finished, my face dawned in realisation.

"Ah ok, but why?" I asked.

"It's going to help you defeat that delusional weirdo, Lucien or whatever" Katherine replied, I nodded.

"Ok so say I let you all pass through me, what will happen when I wake up?" I asked, Nora looked at me.

"You will become an enhanced doppelganger. You can't be killed at all." Nora replied, my eyes widened.

"We are all going to pass through you, one by one. Starting with Amara and so on" Nora said, gesturing to all of the doppelgangers.

"Are you ready?" Nora asked, I looked at her.

"Wait! If I become this enhanced doppelganger, will I lose my magic?" I asked, Nora shook her head.

"No you won't, you will still have your magic and the same goes for any witches you turn." Nora replied, I sighed in relief.

"Do I need to do anything?" I asked as I looked at all of them.

"No, you just need to stand there" She replied, I smiled when Amara stood in front of me.

"Are you ready, Elena?" She asked, I nodded.

"As I'll ever be" I replied, breathing out slowly when Amara placed her hands on my shoulder as she passed through me.

I gasped as I felt the power rushing through my veins. I looked up, nodding my head for the next doppelganger to go. Nine doppelgangers had passed through me before I looked up to see the next one hesitating slightly, I tilted my head in confusion.

"My name is Tatia," She said as my face dawned in realisation, she's the doppelganger that Esther used to create the original vampires.

"I wanted to ask you if you could deliver a message for me?" She asked.