Chapter Four - No not Katherine, I'm Nora

Mystic Falls, Virginia, June 15th 2012.

Elena's POV.

I groaned in pain as I woke up to the sounds of the birds chirping, looking around I noticed that it was morning. I slept through the whole night, my back ached as I got out the car and stretched.

Petrova. A voice said, I looked around as I closed the door of the car. What was that?

Petrova. There it was again, I looked around again when my eyes stopped on a black cat.

Follow the cat, Petrova. The voice said as the cat looked at me before darting off into the forest.

I didn't think twice before I took off after the cat, dodging trees and fallen branches. I spotted it next to some bushes before it darted off again, I continued to chase after it before I came to a stop when I entered the clearing. I noticed a stone slab in the middle of it as my eyes widened in realisation, this is the same clearing from my dreams.

I walked over to the stone slab as I traced my hand over it. Circling the stone slab, the breath was knocked out of me when I was thrown onto it, my back landing harshly. I tried to get up but it was like I was forcibly being held down, my movements became frantic as I tried to get up but nothing was happening.

I stopped suddenly when I noticed that five women were surrounding the slab that I was lying on. I looked at them confused before it slowly turned to horror when one of them pulled out a silver dagger.

"No!" I screamed out before I fell off of the slab and onto my side, I quickly moved backwards as I saw the same five women but Katherine was tied to the stone slab instead.

"We have to do this, we can't have your kind ruining our coven. Any last words before you die?" the one with the dagger said.

Coven? They're witches?

I watched as Katherine grinned at them.

"To die would be an awfully big adventure" Katherine said as she looked towards the sky.

I watched in horror as the witch held the dagger high above Katherine's chest.

"No! Katherine!" I screamed as the witch slammed the dagger into her chest.

I looked at her as my eyes began to fill with tears, I may not have particularly liked Katherine but she didn't deserve that.

"Katherine?" I asked, my eyes widening when Katherine turned her head to look at me.

"No not Katherine, I'm Nora" She replied before I jumped when I heard a loud meow from beside me.

I turned sharply to see the black cat, its green eyes looking at me. It's the cat from my dreams, I turned back at the stone slab as I gasped the five witches and Kath--- no Nora were gone.

Looking back at the cat, I moved closer to it. Petting its fur, I smiled.

"Hey there, who do you belong to?" I said, picking up the cat as I inspected its neck. There was no collar.

"Come on, lets see if your owner has microchipped you"

I began to walk back to the car with the cat, climbing in I placed the cat in the passenger seat.

"You don't mind if I find somewhere to get changed first" I said as the cat meowed a response.

Starting the car, I noticed that there wasn't much gas left in it. I drove to the gas station before I parked the car and placed some fresh clothes, deodorant and a hair brush into a rucksack. Getting out of the car, I filled up the car with gas before I went and paid for it.