Chapter Nineteen - A Witch Shunned

New Orleans, Louisiana, September 15th 2012.

Elena's POV.

It has been a week since the almost kiss between me and Kol and ever since I have been avoiding him. It's getting exceedingly difficult given that we live in the same building as one another, everywhere I turned he was there.

I was currently sitting in the lounge along with Kol, Josh and Marcel, when I felt someone's eyes on me. I looked up to see Kol staring at me, I bit my lip lightly Kol's eyes seemed to darken as they dropped down to my lips. I instantly let go of my bottom lip before I looked down at my phone when I got an incoming call from Gabe. I quickly answered it.

"Hey Gabe what's---" I began.

"No time for chit chat Lena, I need you to get to Lafayette Cemetery now!" Gabe exclaimed cutting me off before hanging up the phone.

I quickly stood up as Kol, Josh and Marcel looked at me confused.

"We need to get to Lafayette Cemetery now!" I said urgently, they nodded before Kol grabbed my arm and vamped us there.

We ran through the cemetery before we came to a stop in front of a tall Mausoleum. I saw Davina standing in front of the building along with Vincent, I also noticed a bunch of witches standing in a two lines. Turning I saw Gabe and Jules.

"Gabe what the hell is going on?" I asked, Gabe and Jules moved to stand beside me.

"The Nine Covens are revoking Davina's status as Regent and are shunning her" Gabe replied, I looked at him shocked.

"They can't do that!" I exclaimed incredulously.

"Yes they can and they are about to" Jules replied.

I looked back to see Davina walking down the path before I saw the Nine Covens turn their backs to her, this is some bullshit. They can't do this to her, Davina's eyes met mine as she passed the last two witches. I held out my arms before she sniffled and ran to me, wrapping my arms around her I hugged her.

Pulling back I held her face in my hands as I wiped the tears that had fallen.

"Hey listen to me, don't you dare cry for these assholes," I began as Davina sniffled again, "If you do you let them win and you cannot let them win"

Davina nodded before she took a deep breath in.

"Now you are going to hold my hand, have your shoulders back and your head held high and we are going to walk out of here strong, ok?" I said, Davina chuckled before doing just as I said.

"Ok" She replied.

I smiled as I grabbed her hand and we began to walk out of the Cemetery along with Josh, Kol, Marcel, Gabe and Jules. Once we got to the compound, we saw Alex, Aims, Hayley, and the Mikaelsons sitting down in the lounge Rebekah noticed Davina's tear stained face as she turned sharply to Marcel.

"What happened to Davina?" She interrogated as me and Davina sat down.

"The New Orleans witches shunned her" Marcel replied before Rebekah gasped and looked at Davina.

"Are you ok love?" Rebekah asked, Davina looked up and nodded.

"Yeah I'm fine, like a wise person once told me I can't allow them to see me upset because then that means that they have won. And I cannot let them win" Davina replied looking at me briefly.

Her gaze quickly moved downwards as Mystic had jumped up onto her lap, Davina smiled as she began to pet Mystic. I watched as Mystic licked Davina's nose, I grinned.